“a very nice surprise”

Casa Del Mar, Ascend Resort Collection
Maryville, TN
“a very nice surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2011

My husband, children (ages 17 and 20) and I stayed here for 5 nights at the end of May. We stayed in room 706. I believe we were the first guests in this room since they reopened from their 9 month renovation. I say this because we were missing some waste baskets, laundry baskets, and light bulbs. When I spoke to the front desk, everything was quickly taken care of.

Our unit was a 2 bedroom, 1 bath unit. It was very pretty. Upon entering the unit, there was a large closet, sink, and huge mirror. There was also a separate shower, tub, toilet area. After passing this area, you come into the living/kitchen area. The furniture was all brand new. A dining table with 4 chairs was present, but there is little to no counter top space and the range is a small, apartment-sized unit. There is a full sized refrigerator with an ice-maker. If you like to do a lot of cooking and like a roomy kitchen, this is not the unit for you. The unit does not have central air. This resort was previously a hotel and there are separate air units in the bedrooms. The 2nd bedroom had some wooden blinds that opened into the living/kitchen area and a fan that helped to circulate the air. At night when the bedroom doors were closed the living area would get very warm even with the fan going and the wooden blinds open. My son was sleeping on the sofa sleeper in the living room, so during the nite, we would have to open the bedroom doors some to help circulate the air. The bedrooms both had king-sized beds which were incredibly comfortable. The linens were also very nice. The "master" bedroom had a sink and mirror and a large jacuzzi tub...just no toilet. Each bedroom had a balcony over-looking the beach which made a great area to watch the sunrise! The balconies are not private though, but each one has 2 comfortable chairs and a small table. The pool was very nice and all the pool furniture was plentiful. There are 3 gas grills in the pool deck area which I saw a lot of guest using. The resort does not supply any seating on the beach so if you want to have more than a blanket or towel to sit on, be sure to bring your own. There is a hot tub in the pool area, but it is still under renovation. The laundry area is located on the main floor. There are 6 washers and 6 dryers. There is a Family Dollar store across the street which comes in handy...they have laundry detergent, some food, and lots of incidental items that you might need. We did not order anything from the Lounge/Bar area, but they do have a minimal menu if you just want to grab a quick bite.

I would definitely stay here again because the accommodations were very nice, and the location was amazing. My family and I look forward to another visit to Casa Del Mar!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
10 Thank angi1968

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2011

I loved being at casa del mar! It is a very clean, beautiful, and awesome place to stay at in daytona beach! I have had so many wonderful experiences there i would deffinately recomend this place to anyone and everyone! It is a great place for kids and adults. The rooms are very clean and the employees there are very nice and friendly and help you out whith whatever it is you need help with! I love casa del mar so much and i am deffanately going there again!

• Stayed July 2010
3 Thank Lovincasa37
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2011

Casa Da Mar is the best resort ever (i think). I have been goin to Casa Del Mar since i was about 5 (im 13 now) and i have always loved this place! It is so clean and very home like also the beds are very comfortable! I always cry when i leave this place!

My whole entire family come here every year now and we all love it ( about 20 people) !
The pool is very clean and fun to swim in. Also the hot tub is very nice and it is never to hot or to cold it is always just the way you like it. The Beach is very nice and clean and easy just to go out there around 10am and set up beach things and just leave it out there all day

They have a poolside grill and we just love to do
cookouts with our whole family! Theres always enough
tables and seats for everyone + it
has 4 huge grills! There are plenty chairs and beach chairs for everyone.

The sraff there is very very very friendly and nice. They answere all your questions and they give you any supplies you need. They will give you tlp, towels, laundry
detergant, and they even have
buckets and shovels they let you use! Oh and they have this big huge bowl of pepperments and other candy in the lobby and they let you take as much as you want! ( of caorse i didnt stuff my pockets lol:)
They have shuffle board and my cousins and i always love that! Also they have lots and lots of activities for kids to do and we always enjoy them! One time they did a drawing and my brother won a free parasailing ride Then my aunt won a free bannana boat ride! So its always awesome when they do things like that!

There is a mini golf place right across the sreet and when you check in they give you like 10 dollor off coupons! So that kept us buisy for a while! I luv this place

• Stayed May 2011
8 Thank Mego13
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2011

Love Casa Del Mar!!! We have been vacationing here for last seven years. Rooms were a little dated but always clean. This past July 2010 rooms had been updated with all new decor. We continue to come back because of the consistency of the resort. Always clean, great service, pool is large and clean. Love the pool side bar, my son can order food and put it on the room tab. They have planned activities for kids and a nice gift shop if you forget something. The underground parking is great too. Across the street is Pirates Cove mini golf, nice for teens and kids. There's a dollar general store across the street if you need supplies like food,soft drinks ect, it's very convenient . Another nice benefit is the beach patrol tower station beside the resort. My son loves coming here and we always meet such nice families that like us come back every summer. Also the resort security does a great job walking the floors and making sure things are safe. I wanted to take the time to give my review because we love it here and we have never had a bad experience. Sometimes people focus on something like sand on the floor in the elevator but hello you are staying on the beach what do you expect. So what the tile looks old, really that makes for a bad vacation? If you want a nice clean family resort with great service I suggest you give Casa Del Mar a call!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
11 Thank Garr316
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2010

We stayed at Casa Del Mar for a week in mid-July. The staff really strived to meet guests’ needs, always prompted responding to our requests promptly. We liked how clean and spacious the two room condo suite was. We also loved the location, as it was easy access by car or foot to shopping and dining. The beach-front area was also clean and easily accessible. The décor of the property radiates the 1970’s, but the staff told us they were closing for remodeling in a few months. We enjoyed the pool and bar onsite, but the drinks are rather expensive. They had a live DJ poolside one day and he really livened up the mood. I traveled with adults, but there was a great mix of adults and families… not too many kids to ruin the adults only vacation but not so many adults that the kids that were there were bored. My biggest complaint is that the facility doesn't have free wifi and the pay connection thru sky rim was HORRIBLE.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank mykcrealtor
Apopka, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2010

Just returned from the Casa Del Mar. Lots of activities. Walls were too thin. Very noisy neighbor. Beautiful view! Liked the idea of underground parking. Great for families.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank angel06071
Alexandria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2010

This was our first vacation together as a family since our granddaughter had been born who was 1 1/2 years old. We were concerned about some of the reviews but upon our arrival we quickly saw that we were well pleased. We had a 2 bedroom, 2 baths with 2 balcony suite. We were very pleased with our accomodations. They supplied us everyday with clean towels which was great. The pool area was well maintained also. They allow you to check towels out at the front desk to use at the pool and beach which is nice if you don't want to carry your own. We had a great view of the ocean and having the two balconies was nice. The suite was very spacious which made it nice for our granddaughter to run around. The underground parking garage was a plus to have. We hope to visit again someday.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
OceanFront Inn and Suites
OceanFront Inn and Suites
#5 of 28 in Ormond Beach
Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center
Daytona Beach Resort and Confere...
#21 of 103 in Daytona Beach

Been to Casa Del Mar, Ascend Resort Collection? Share your experiences!