“a toyota camry that thinks its an aston martin”

Lulu's Oceanside Grill
Ranked #19 of 209 Restaurants in Ormond Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed December 11, 2009

The food is overpriced and underquality...the comment below is right, they are the farthest thing from their description of oceanside. Your view is either a CVS or a church parking lot. The outdoor seating aspect is cool on a nice day, but they try way too hard to be upscale when they are the quality of any chain restaurant. And the service is pretty low quality...we waited a good 10 minutes for our drinks and our server was not personable at all. I waited another 10 minutes to request a side of dressing while she sat and chatted with someone (it turned out to be the manager...who was having drinks!) at another table. I ordered my favorite Chardonnay (I could NOT mistake the taste...have it all the time) but could tell they replaced it witth a lower-quality brand. Overall I was quite disappointed with our experience and when the bill hit ($68.00 for a (SMALL!) appetizer, two regular sized meals (fish tacos and mahi dinner) and a drink for each my husband and I. The money we spent could have carried us much father at a more-trusted place. I am a local... This is NOT where the locals go!

1  Thank LoveVino777

Reviewed November 11, 2009

not sure where they get Oceanside, unless that is what the back of CVS Pharmacy is called. They are located 2 blocks from the beach. Place looked nice and staff seemed friendly but the name led us to beleive we would be looking at the ocean. There are other places in Ormond Beach that are a better choice. Ended up just having a couple beers in the bar and leaving.

Reviewed November 6, 2009

You have a choice to eat on the patio or inside in one of two interior dining rooms. One is more family and the other more for adults and smaller parties of 3 or 4.
First the exterior patio is great to enjoy the ocean breezes and the entertainment. It is so relaxing to sit there and talk with friends and relax. Now if you go to eat, they have all tyoes of different things to choose from. The soups are unique and delicious. The salads are fresh and crisp, the sandwichs are tasty and the enteress delectable.

You can have a business lunch here, entertain family or friends or have a relaxing / romantic meal.

Lasagne soup is delicious.

Reviewed October 24, 2009

the food here is nothing to write home about, the prices are high, and the food at tgif's is just as good.

Reviewed September 14, 2009

My husband and I dined at Lulu's twice. The first time, we had an incredible server. Her name was Maria and she was wonderful. We sat outside on the patio and had lovely weather (the patio is a great place to sit). I had a chicken quesadilla and my husband had a burger. Both dinners were tasty and well-priced. There were drink specials that made for a budget friendly dinner. Overall, the first night was fantastic!

We returned to Lulu's the following day for lunch, and we ended up eating in the bar area since we couldn't sit on the patio due to bad weather. We ended up having a bartender as our server. Her name was Brittany. She was incredibly rude and seemed to be more interested in flirting with the beer distributor who was sitting at the bar. We were so shocked by her behavior that we ended up leaving and not ordering lunch afterall.

Shabby treatment and we were extremely disappointed because we knew the food would be great. It's too bad that one person could make such a great place, stink.

1  Thank Leo35