“Fresh Seafood”

Hull's Seafood Market Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 208 Restaurants in Ormond Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Casual, counter service
St. Augustine, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh Seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2010

My husband & I usually go to Hull's for lunch and our food is always good. We usually get the fish & side $5.99, you pick the fish from their list of specials on the board. We usually get Mahi. For sides we've only had the cole slaw, red potatoes & squash which were all very good. Although I was disappointed this weekend when I got the coleslaw and it had bellpepper in it. The tuna kabobs are outstanding.

Houston
“Fresh seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2010

My husband and I had lunch at Hull's this week and really enjoyed the seafood. We both ordered from the daily specials posted on the white board. He had 1 lb. of shrimp (obviously some went home in a box). I had the albacore plate, which came with hush puppies and two sides. The shrimp and tuna were very fresh and delicious!

Boone, NC
“Yummy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2010

We ate here several times during our stay at Ormond Beach. The seafood is delicious. We tried several things on the menu - tuna, shrimp, soup - everything was good. We ordered food to go and took it to the park on the Halifax River to watch the sunset one evening. It was the best meal on our trip. Service was a little slow but worth the wait.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Fantastic Food, Affordable, Fresh”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2009

Surprised that Hull's doesn't have a higher rating among Ormond Beach restaurants, to be honest....wasn't even on my radar of places to go, but we had noticed the restaurant adjacent to the Seafood Market, and my wife and I both commented that we should check that place out...

Glad we did. Great tasting fish (I had blackened Ahi Tuna, she the Fried Sea Bass), the kids loved their Shrimp & Chips baskets, and the Alligator appetizer was nicely fried, not too chewy.

Went back again on our departure day to load up the cooler with fresh fish....would highly recommend to others.

1 Thank toddATL
Perry, Florida
“Really????? Not at all what I expected”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2009

After reading all the good reviews online I was soooooo excited about going to Hull's ... until I got there. Below is a letter I sent to them after my experience for lunch. I rarely contact a restaurant directly after a poor dining experience. Hope this helps anyone visiting the area.

I am writing because my boyfriend and I were staying at his family’s condo this past week in Daytona. I had read online the rave reviews your restaurant had gotten online and was very excited about visiting (visited on Tuesday, June 16th). However, when we got there we were more then shocked. There were a few patrons at the restaurant already eating and we were the only people in line to order. The lady who was working the register (older lady late 40’s, thin frame, long blond hair) looked at us and then continued on her PERSONAL phone conversation about needing “to leave work and go somewhere because such and such was going on in her life…” for a good 7 minutes before she hung up and took our order. We were already on the verge of walking out after that! We ordered ($36 for lunch…..no lunch specials or lunch menu?) and waiting 30 min before getting our food which was ok at best. The shrimp were greasy, the coleslaw was watery, the tater sauce was HOT, French fries had been under a heat lamp for some time and it was really just terrible. We also ordered a “famous” clam chowder to go. We never got it. We had to ask for it 3 times and provide a receipt before the lady would give us our take-out order, and when we tasted it we were simply discussed and threw it away. I review restaurants on hotels on vacations I go on to help other people like myself who want to know where to stay and where to eat on vacation. You can bet I am going to be posting my thoughts on your restaurant online. This was a terrible experience. I rarely contact a restaurant directly to complain, but this experience warranted it. We come to the Daytona area 3 times a year, and won’t be adding you to our list of favorite places to eat while there. I hope you take this email into consideration.

3 Thank Hope L