“Fantastic Food, Affordable, Fresh”

Hull's Seafood Market Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 209 Restaurants in Ormond Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Casual, counter service
Reviewed July 21, 2009

Surprised that Hull's doesn't have a higher rating among Ormond Beach restaurants, to be honest....wasn't even on my radar of places to go, but we had noticed the restaurant adjacent to the Seafood Market, and my wife and I both commented that we should check that place out...

Glad we did. Great tasting fish (I had blackened Ahi Tuna, she the Fried Sea Bass), the kids loved their Shrimp & Chips baskets, and the Alligator appetizer was nicely fried, not too chewy.

Went back again on our departure day to load up the cooler with fresh fish....would highly recommend to others.

1  Thank toddATL
Write a ReviewReviews (1,139)

Reviewed June 19, 2009

After reading all the good reviews online I was soooooo excited about going to Hull's ... until I got there. Below is a letter I sent to them after my experience for lunch. I rarely contact a restaurant directly after a poor dining experience. Hope this helps anyone visiting the area.

I am writing because my boyfriend and I were staying at his family’s condo this past week in Daytona. I had read online the rave reviews your restaurant had gotten online and was very excited about visiting (visited on Tuesday, June 16th). However, when we got there we were more then shocked. There were a few patrons at the restaurant already eating and we were the only people in line to order. The lady who was working the register (older lady late 40’s, thin frame, long blond hair) looked at us and then continued on her PERSONAL phone conversation about needing “to leave work and go somewhere because such and such was going on in her life…” for a good 7 minutes before she hung up and took our order. We were already on the verge of walking out after that! We ordered ($36 for lunch…..no lunch specials or lunch menu?) and waiting 30 min before getting our food which was ok at best. The shrimp were greasy, the coleslaw was watery, the tater sauce was HOT, French fries had been under a heat lamp for some time and it was really just terrible. We also ordered a “famous” clam chowder to go. We never got it. We had to ask for it 3 times and provide a receipt before the lady would give us our take-out order, and when we tasted it we were simply discussed and threw it away. I review restaurants on hotels on vacations I go on to help other people like myself who want to know where to stay and where to eat on vacation. You can bet I am going to be posting my thoughts on your restaurant online. This was a terrible experience. I rarely contact a restaurant directly to complain, but this experience warranted it. We come to the Daytona area 3 times a year, and won’t be adding you to our list of favorite places to eat while there. I hope you take this email into consideration.

3  Thank Hope L
Reviewed December 27, 2008

We've been coming to Hull's for years and really love it. We usually order something off of the white board (the specials for the day). Their prices can't be beat. Love the new potatoes as a side - used to come standard with the platter, but now they've expanded the menu and is one of many choices for a side. Last night we had swordfish and mahi. Both were excellent. One note, if you don't like your salmon well done, be sure to let them know - it tends to come out very well done. Tried the key lime tart bites last night - they were only fair, at best. But the seafood is usually outstanding, and the prices are the best I've ever seen.

1  Thank Sherrbear5
Reviewed September 5, 2008

THE BEST CLAM CHOWDER I HAVE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE, and I am not exaggerating; I can see why it's award winning!!!!! This place is top notch. Everything I had was delicious - from the oysters to the hushpuppies. Plus... Super-super nice people! Happy, clean, and welcoming atmosphere. It's not a fancy place, but who needs fancy when you have seafood like this? Please, please get the clam chowder.... what 10 year wedding anniversary gift!

2  Thank nyc_girl_1971
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Ormond Beach, FL
Reviewed July 18, 2008

Great sea food. Nice people.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook