“Best place for seafood in town.”

Hull's Seafood Market Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 212 Restaurants in Ormond Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Casual, counter service
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We visit Hull's once every few weeks for some awesome seafood. This is a casual spot. You can sit outside or inside. You order at the counter, they give you a number, and bring your food to the table. Last night was our most recent visit.

Almost everything we ordered was fried because we needed some drinking food, but the freshness of the food was not masked. The fried oysters are the best around, fried shrimp are the best EVER. Fries are really good, although I don't think they are hand-cut. All the sides are great, actually, including the veggies. Sauteed mixed vegetable are amazing! Fish is always fresh, and is delicious prepared broiled or blackened. Last night they had kingfish, which was fresh off their boat! The soups are great. They have a market next door with fresh seafood by the pound to take home. You can also bring it over to the restaurant and they will prepare it for you. It can be very expensive, but it's fresh, mostly local seafood, so that is to be expected. Also, you can order anything on the menu by the pound. We used this method last night, and saved about $20 ordering by the pound rather than platters, and still had way more than enough food.

The only negative aspect is the service. Some of the employees are great, and some are a little slow. I guess I order too fast? But because the food is so great, and there's no competition in the area, we ignore the sometimes less than stellar service.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,168)

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Came With my sister! We wanted some seafood while visiting in Florida for the holidays. After our outlet shopping excursion, we had gone to the beach then driven to Hull's for dinner, which we found on Yelp! Food is well seasoned and cooked to order and really Good taste. Restaurant is small, so depending on when you visit, seats are limited. Hush puppies are really tasty; not your typical hush puppies, but more like a sweet fritter. Everyone is friendly. Best little seafood market that opened a restaurant next door that cooks really tasty seafood! So seafood is super fresh!

1  Thank Trippinsista
Reviewed December 26, 2013

You decide who's review you trust on this place.

My wife and Sister-In Law took out a sandwich (grilled Mahi) and it was $14.00. Unfortunately, she discarded the receipt so I was not going to start with these people on the phone. They brought the sandwich home to share and it was so dry it was barely edible. They threw out half of it. I was not going to get in the car and waste $5 worth of gas to get our money back. So the least I can do for the aggravation is tell the rest of you about it.

When you are charging these prices for a fresh fish sandwich (frying fish masks a lot of sins) you better damn well have a grill man in the kitchen who knows how to properly cook it..They obviously don't.

1  Thank ILUVFOOD
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Back to Hulls again their Spicy Chowder was amazing and this place does not disappoint

3 of us had dinner again at Hulls actually twice during the recent trip to Ormond Beach one time we ate off the specials and the second time we bought shrimps next door at their seafood market and had them cook them up while we were there. An extra pounds of steamed and seasoned shrimp can easily be added to what you order and they are fresh.

Thanks again Hull's Seafood

Only thing I wished that would change is real cutlery rather than plastic

Reviewed November 30, 2013

We stopped into the seafood market one day of our week stay in Ormond Beach and saw the two types of oysters at $6.99 dozen. As Canadians, we just do not find oysters at anywhere near a reasonable price at home and this just blew our mind. We kept thinking about them and decided that even though we would pay more our best bet was to go to the restaurant attached to the market. The oysters were $7.99 dozen, steamed. We only ordered a dozen and should have gotten more. I think my husband envisioned himself eating most of them but he was sadly mistaken. I ate my share. We did get an order of Buffalo Shrimp and two sides (onion rings and fries, how predictable!). The sides are small. The buffalo shrimp was good but spicy (expected that). Next time, if we ever get back, it will be more oysters! Our lunch with a drink was $27.00. I guess that's a lot for lunch but it was certainly worth it! When we walked in there was a woman there who took the time to explain their order board to us. You place your order, they give you a number, choose a table, they bring your order and take the number away. Like fast food, you are expected to clean up after yourself but there was also someone there clearing tables.