“My favorite for fresh seafood in all of Daytona!”

Hull's Seafood Market Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 208 Restaurants in Ormond Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Casual, counter service
Dalton, Georgia
“My favorite for fresh seafood in all of Daytona!”
Reviewed August 6, 2011

I absolutely love Hull's!!! They have some of the best seafood I have ever eaten! The prices are very fair and I love the selection! They only thing I didn't care for was if you wanted a soft drink you got a can... and that was it. I tend to drink a lot so I knew that wouldn't go far so I went for the tea instead and you could tell that it was getting a bit on the soured side. Other than this I absolutely LOVE Hull's and I love that if you get up early enough you can sometimes see their boat out on the water. It makes for a good experience when you go in and know you saw the boat out on the ocean that morning. Great Job!!!

2 Thank Tivy06

Valdosta, Georgia
“Seafood cooked just right.”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

This will definitely be on my "go to" list of great food restaurants! Food is cooked perfectly and very generous servings.

2 Thank bemawbunch
Atlanta, Georgia
“Gone downhill since I was here 6 months ago”
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Visited recently while on vacation. I used to work across the street, until taking a job in another state, and came in for lunch multiple times a week. Whenever I am back in town, I come in for what USED TO BE a great seafood experience. Now, I can only say the experience is average. I visited 3x in the same week. The first two visits were great with the exception that prices have noticeably skyrocketed since my last visit in Dec 2010. Rock shrimp is a great addition to the menu and was cooked perfectly when I had it both times. My third visit this week was pretty awful. On Jul 9, I came in and placed my order just after 4pm for 2 grouper platters, 1 broiled, 1 grilled. 30 minutes later, I still had not received my food. It wasn't even that busy! By the time I had lost patience and got up to go to find out what was taking so long, the woman at the counter was bringing it out to me. She was aware that my food was late without me having to fire off angry questions and apologized while giving me the excuse that they had a new cook. Well let me tell you about the new cook... he's not that good. My grilled grouper was WAY OVERCOOKED and dry. This should not have even left the kitchen. I had to smear remoulade mayo over it for it to be edible. The only reason that I didn't send it back was for fear that it would take ANOTHER 30 minutes to get another piece of fish. In contrast, my girlfriend said that the broiled grouper was cooked very well. I don't understand. It doesn't take but a few minutes to grill grouper, but the broiled grouper was right?!?! Hull's used to be my favorite place to get great seafood but now I have to say that for the experience and prices, I can do better elsewhere.

1 Thank inet_dude
Knoxville, TN
“As fresh as it gets, prepared on site, or to take home”
Reviewed June 21, 2011

We have bought seafood to bring home for several years. This year we stopped on the way home from Ft Lauderdale and ate some while we waited. Excellent quality, and delicious daily specials. This is a must-stop on the way out of town. They will pack for travel.

Kannapolis, North Carolina
“Best Seafood in the Area”
Reviewed June 17, 2011

My husband and I found this jewel last year when vacationing at Ormond Beach. When we returned this year, Hull's was at the top of our list of places to eat. During the week we were at Ormond Beach, we ate at the restaurant three times and bought fresh shrimp to cook at the condo twice. We had fried oysters, grilled sea bass, grilled scallops and blackened Mahi Mahi. Each meal was delicious! The serving size of the fish is quite large - two people could split an order with some extra sides. The serving size of the oysters varies depending on the size of the oysters because they weigh the order. The first night that we ordered oysters, we only had 6 oysters on the plate. We felt that was not appropriate for the price. I mentioned this to the waitress, she explained that they weigh the oysters and she promptly brought at least 6 more oysters to the table. The second time we ordered oysters we had well over a dozen. The employees are very friendly, helpful and accommodating. The setting is super casual with indoor or outdoor seating.

The fresh seafood market is wonderful! Again, the employees are friendly, helpful and accommodating. When we bought the shrimp we asked if we could buy a couple small containers of cocktail sauce. The woman behind the counter very generously gave us five containers. The shrimp were locally caught and fresh.

If you love good seafood, you have got to eat at Hull's. But - do not go expecting a fancy atmosphere! Also, be sure to check their closing time - they close at 8:00 some nights.

• Visited June 2011