“Excellent location and service!”

Symphony Beach Club
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Ormond Beach
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Our stay was during the same time period of the previous review. The condo has excellent service, it's spotless as is the pool area and the grounds.
My husband and I witnessed the behavior of the couple and their children from the previous review. The children were bouncing back and forth off the windows to the room and I had commented to my husband as to what was going on in there!
The couple also utilized the BBQ furnished by management and left beer cans along the pool wall which they never disposed of. Then too, the couple fought the whole time they were here making our pool time uncomfortable. We were glad they cut they stay short.
Our stay has been wonderful and we will certainly recommend this condo to others. Frank and Carmen are wonderful hosts cudos to them!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Grammie7Ohio
symphony453, Owner at Symphony Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2010

The guest that posted a negative review on July 17, took down her post. She did not realize there were other guests observing her rude and destructive ways.....

Reviewed July 17, 2010

We came to this hotel last year and they had to switch rooms because the pull out couch fell apart with our children on it, hurting them, but excused it because they set us up with an ocean view for the same price. This year, things seemed okay, aside from the lack and clean towels but i was wrong. I walked into the room and opened up the vertical plastic blinds to get a view of the ocean and the pull of the blinds broke off. I set it aside and figured my husband could just attach it back later. Unfortuneately he couldn't reattach it so I just left it beside the blinds figuring that they were old anyway since there were missing blinds and broken blinds. We checked out and on our way home we recieved a phone call from the management telling us that were charging us $100 for the broken blind rod and they did. I kinow these are hard times but really?? It was an accident, and the seemed to be older inexpensive blinds and I think $100 is completely unreasonable. I even collected all the dirty linens and put them in a pile, I bagged up the trash, wiped out the refrigerator and kitchen area and swept and wiped the floor and now I wonder why I even try to respect other people and their property.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
symphony453, Owner at Symphony Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2010

We were shocked & appalled at this guest behavior. We found it necessary to charge their
C. C. for the damage done. All guest signed a form that states any damages that occur during the guest stay are the responsibility of the guest. If the room wasn't trashed and the vertical destroyed by this guest, there would be no charge. An inspection is done upon all departure and when they are told of the damage they did to the room, they get disgruntle and write a bad review in order to hurt our establishment. They state it was an accident, if so why didn't they let management know of the problem during their stay or before leaving??

Reviewed July 11, 2010

My family and I visited the Symphony Club for the first time and it definitely will not be our last. Frank and Carmen are wonderful host and made us feel right at home. We never thought we were renting a place for the week-end but more like we were staying with friends and family. The room was ready upon our arrival and they suggested dining and surrounding entertainment. During that week-end Frank and Carmen hosted a barbeque; the food and company were really nice.

We rented the corner room on the 3rd floor ocean view and we recommend it. From this room you can lay back and enjoy the wonderful sunrise and ocean waves. The room itself had enough space for my family and we were all comfortable. It had all we needed, kitchen, refrigerator, microwave, dining table, pull out sofa and pull out Murphy bed. The bathroom was kept clean and the details such as the sea shell curtain were beautiful.

The area is very nice and quiet and we were just steps away from the beach due to the beach private access. It is situated a few miles from Daytona where you can drive or take a stroll there.

We definitely enjoyed every part of it and are planning to go again. Symphony Club became out new getaway spot for our family.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank usmc1981
Reviewed June 25, 2010

The Symphony Beach Club was wonderful! The building and grounds were kept spotless. the management team was caring and ultra-polite. The cleaning staff did an excellent job. It was really a nice, carefree and relaxing stay. The rooms were unique. There are no full-time beds. One bed is in a pull-down cabinet and the couch pulls out to make another. Quite comfortable and leaves the room open for actually sitting on the chairs and a couch as one would usually do during the day. I've never seen a setup like this but it worked out great for us. There was a nice little kitchenette with an oven, stove, full-size refrigerator, sink, spacesaver microwave and FULL-size coffeemaker, not the little 2 cup type that most have. Full bath and lots of drawers for clothing. Our room had a nice balcony overlooking the beach. A great value as well.

The management team made sure that the property was safe. Visitors were questioned as to their business there and asked to leave if they were not supposed to be there. The guests were definitely looked out for.

The pool is a little small for adults, but you are ON THE BEACH! We used the pool area to relax in and to chat with other guests and friends There is no traditional lobby but there is an elevator, clean and well lit stairways. And even several covered parking spaces.

It is not a brand new, modern hotel on the outside. But, the rooms are nice, clean and suited our needs perfectly. Again, for the price, it was an astounding value. We WILL be back!

My family and I had booked another hotel for a week's stay. Once we arrived, we couldn't bear to stay and canceled our vacation. We walked down to the Symphony Beach Club Hotel because we saw it on our trip last year and had other friends staying there during this same week this year. We spoke to the manager who was very nice, courteous and offered to drop what she was doing and show us a room. She said we should make sure we could cancel our reservation before reserving a room there, just in case. She said she would hold the room for us for a bit but to please call and let her know. Yes, she actually said "Please"! What a contrast to others in the area. We were able to cancel the other reservation due to obvious bait and switch and misleading publications and took a room at the Symphony Beach Club. We never looked back.

We WILL stay there again next year!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank BartonFamilyGa
Reviewed June 24, 2010

Started off with a phone call, A Uncle (me) calling about a first trip with a niece and nephew. The nice lady quickly advised me to book with all four, which was included in the room. This way if the kids showed up last minute she would have to charge us for the 2 additional people. No harm, okay. So we booked. The staff was very communicative through email and phone boot; and even after losing the conformation, she quickly resent it to me. We showed up for the vacation, YAAA there was enough room for my king cab dually! Just had to park near the front to back out, can’t make the back turn #3 oops, but it was fun to try. We did stay in the room pictured, 403 on the front side, beech front. Okay you’ve heard it already, Very nice staff, made us very welcome. BROUGHT us clean towns and took out the trash daily, good cleaning on Wednesday. Fresh sheets as well. Very happy with the cleanliness of the room, were clean people and appreciated not having the typical Florida stench in the room. Love it; Even the elevator and stairways were ALWAYS clean. Wi-Fi worked pretty well and was happy on that end. If there was any draw backs, it was the sun shining in early and hard to sleep in. A inner room would solve that for ya. Also the pool is a small, but still not nearly as crowded as the bigger pool of our friends, funny. In this case, smaller was better. Beach is very accessible and you can even drive on right beside the hotel if your that lazy, I was afraid my big truck would sink, don’t need that headache on vacation. With the beds down, its tight in the room, but heck it’s time to sleep anyway. Put the kids on the pull out couch though, it’s much softer than the Murphy bed,,,,HINT HINT. In closing, I enjoyed it and wouldn’t hesitate to return for the value. Back to Georgia soon.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Echo4Victor
Reviewed May 31, 2010

We enjoyed oyr time at the Symphony Beach Club. The staff very friendly and made us feel like family. We stayed in a beach front room and it was very clean and secure. The staff was always available and seen, easy to talk with and find. I will recomend this hotel to everyone and we will be back. Thank you all for a wonderful weekend.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank portokalis
Reviewed May 28, 2010

My husband has a walking disability but wanted to go to the beach for a week. I have been exhausted by his illness and hesitated to take on the "unknown." We were both so looked after at the Symphony by the owners and the housekeeper. They helped me keep an eye on my husband and gave me the rest that I so badly needed. We will definitely return there. The rooms are spotless and well-equipped. The pool area and all grounds are clean and neat. You could not find a better buy on the beach. We loved it.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple