“angry manager”

Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Ormond Beach
Northville, Michigan
“angry manager”
Reviewed April 27, 2010

I rented a unit from a private owner and apparently "Carmen", the manager was upset that the unit was not rented through her. Upon signing in I was informed that she did not rent the unit therefore did not make a profit and was unaware what arrangements were made for cleaning the unit. I was taken aback and told her I could take care of the unit during our stay. About 2 hours after leaving, a message was left on my phone stating 3 bath towels, a hand towel and a bath mat were missing. I had stripped the beds and gathered all the towels and put them it a pile, so everything was together and this apparently was her way of making a profit on the unit. Truely UNBELIEVEABLE!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank mickeyt17
symphony453, Owner at Symphony Beach Club, responded to this review, July 20, 2010
Towels are the number one item to make their way into travelers' luggage. But seriously, how big must your suitcase be to fit all those towels? It all adds up to that Manager/Owner hard earned money. We never charged this guest or the Owner of this private unit for the towels missing, so how is it that we make a profit?? When it was the mgmt company that supply the room with towels and gave you daily service to make your stay an enjoyable one.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Watertown, New York
Reviewed April 26, 2010

I couldn't have been happier with our ocean facing condo. The view and the sound of the ocean was awesome. Rooms are clean and the grounds are well kept. Location is so convenient. Highly recommended. Thanks S.B.C.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank xcheech
michigan
Reviewed April 13, 2010

Thank you Carmen, Frank and Erica!!! SBC is this little romantic gem on the beach. I had the priviledge of staying in 2 different rooms and both were PERFECT. One was a beach front and the other was a side view. Everything was so CLEAN. The bonus gift bags were so nice. Carmen and Frank take wonderful care of you. They truly treat you like a member of their family. I can't wait to go back. It may not have all the bells and whistles of a 5 star hotel, but everything else about it is 5 star.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fentonite
INGERSOLL
Reviewed April 4, 2010

I travelled with friends and family to spend the month of Feb. 2010 at the Syphony Beach Club, Upon my arrival I met Carmen and Frank, and I might add turned out to be the best hosts you could imagine. You would find them both out and about the property, always asking if they could help, and always with a cheery smile. I loved my unit with my ocean front view I was able to see dolphins, and with great luck whales. This is sjuch a great location everything was at your fingertips, restaurants, shopping mini golf etc. and if there was something else you needed Carmen or Frank would be happy to help you find it. The one good thing about this location is you could walk for miles on the beach.. Carmen and Frank put together a BBQ by the pool for a meet and greet your neighbours which was a great success and really made you feel at home.. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and the wonderful hosts Carmen and Frank to anybody coming to Ormond Beach and Daytona Beach., I would not consider staying anywhere else when coming again to this area. My thanks again to Carmen and Frank.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank SUSIEDECO
Ontario
Reviewed March 30, 2010

This is our second year at the Symphony Beach Club and we couldn't be happier with the location, price and the exceptional hosts Carmen and Frank. From the time we checked in until the time we checked out we were made to feel like family. Our unit was on the 4th floor with ocean front view, the view was spectacular I might add. The units are studio efficiencies, small, but with everything you would need for your stay, if you need it and it isn't in the room, Carmen will be sure to see you get it.
The hotel has everything you will find in one of the larger hotels, laundry facilities, wi-fi, bbq down by the pool, which I might add is heated (this was a great feature since the weather was a bit cool in Florida this year).
I would recommend this hotel to anybody looking to come to Daytona, and if you do book you will find that Carmen and Frank are the two of the nicest people you will meet and will make every effort to make your stay at the Symphony Beach a pleasant one, We are booked again for next year and can't wait to go back.
One thing I might mention is the hotel and grounds are immaculately kept, you will see Frank out and about making sure things are always clean and tidy.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank midlandOntario
Dayton, OH
Reviewed March 23, 2010

We loved the 3 weeks we spent at The Symphony! Carmen and Frank were exceptional hosts. The property was very clean. Great location! The view of the ocean is great and the price is affordable. WI-FI available. We will be returning next January!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Missionary_Italia
usa
Reviewed March 10, 2010

First stay was in October 2009. Returned in February 2010 for additional stay. Would recommend and will use again.
Limited parking for trailers. Request in advance.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo