“Not without hope but needs refinement.”
Review of Grenada Cafe

Grenada Cafe
Ranked #153 of 217 Restaurants in Ormond Beach
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 14, 2010

We went there with a group of eight after church. While the food was fair, the presentation left a lot to be desired. My wife had a fish sandwich and it was a good sized piece of mahi-mahi on some bread with absolutely nothing else. We had to ask the waitress for some tarter sauce. Our waitress was young and inexperienced. When the food came out, she had to "auction" it off. (who ordered the_______?)
My friends $7.00 Reuben sandwich was presented with about a 1/4" of corned beef, a slice of cheese, sauerkraut dressing on rye (the waitress had to ask what kind of bread he wanted) and absolutely nothing else on the plate! No chips, no pickle, nothing... The last straw was the (huge) busboy. He was dressed in hip hop attire, satin gym shorts halfway down his rear and his boxers in plain sight , flat brimmed cap on backwards. What a way to lose your appetite. I left a note with the cashier about him. Not the best experience but not the worst either. Will I go back, perhaps when they get a little more experience in the business.

1  Thank pickypilot

Reviewed September 13, 2009

My previous review of this restaurant (I am sorry for the misspelling, but for some reason I cannot get it in as the correct name, Granada Cafe, was negative. Once I saw in the newspaper there were new owners, I went back to try and it. The owner is friendly and cooks a good breakfast. I haven't ate lunch there because it's usually a stop after the gym across the street. Decent specials that don't require coupons. I have been back several times since the new ownership took over...

1  Thank norme-ormond
Reviewed January 11, 2008

Living in MD and visiting the Daytona area often to visit family, we sometimes venture out to little "hole in the wall" places.

We came upon the Granada Cafe', and found the breakfast and the service to be pleasent. We had a couple of special request, but nothing earth shattering, and there were no problems.

My wife, daughter and I enjoyed the meal and we will stop back anytime where in town.

2  Thank TravelingMan-MD