“Bad Experience”

Grenada Cafe
Ranked #147 of 212 Restaurants in Ormond Beach
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My cousin and I totally agree with Rick E. we waited over 45 minutes for simple eggs & bacon only to have someone who ordered after us, but was complaining about the wait, get served first. The owner stood at the cash register and did nothing to help the harried waitresses. I can't rate the food, we left!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Not sure why Rick E had such a bad time with this restaurant experience. I have been there quite a few times lately, and I enjoy the breakfast and the personnel who work there. This restaurant provides a nicer atmosphere than local restaurants Howard's or the Sunrise Cafe, and matches both of them pretty close in food quality. While not an omelet fan myself, they do prepare a pretty mean one. Other food is generally good, not great. Prices are in line with the other competitors listed here.

1  Thank Descarte
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Entering the Cafe I noticed about 5 tables occupied , looking around for a clean one and not finding one. The only waitress came over and said sit anywhere you like.After 5 min she came by and quickly scooped up the dirty dishes and forgot to come back and wipe it down. while the whole time the owner & his wife stood behind the counter playing on their phones. the elderly lady cooking was doing everything she could to keep up. The couple next to us got up to leave because they said the food and service was awful. And still the owners standing there not trying to help the over worked waitress or ask if there was anyway to keep that customer happy that was leaving. Every alarm bell in my body went off. I should have listened to it. A party of 6 came in and again the very busy waitress said sit anywhere you like, and off to a dirty table they went... so on and so on. Our simple egg & sausage breakfast came 35 min after we sat down. The hash browns were so over cooked and the over easy egg's were hard as hockey pucks. and yet the owner's talking about their game's on the phone's and having a good ole time. So finally a customer asked if there was some way they could get their table cleared and so that's when the gentleman behind the counter started to get loud on the hustling waitress, all while the blue & pink haired woman with him jumped on the register and started counting money.
My over all experience was not a pleasant one . I will not recommend this Cafe to any of my friend's or family .

1  Thank Rick E
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Small homey restaurant owned and run by husband and wife. Nice menu, nice prices and I loved the sausage sandwich. It wasn't on the menu, but my grand-daughter asked, and they made it for her.

1  Thank janutt
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Located in a small plaza, this is a convenient local restaurant. Food is unremarkable but plenty edible. Just the usual fare. Burgers, breakfast, daily specials. Wheelchair accessible restrooms. Friendly wait staff.

1  Thank Tessmarica