“Great food needs to be cleaned”
Review of Mario's Restaurant

Mario's Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 211 Restaurants in Ormond Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 9, 2009

I have going for years and it has the best food there. Even the bread is to die for!!! The only complaint I have about the place is that it needs to be cleaned. It needs new carpet and paint. the place has been there for at least thirty years. I love the food, but it needs a good going through.

2  Thank nicolekelly63

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Ormond Beach, FL
Reviewed July 18, 2008

Been there forever and always great Italian food.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed June 24, 2008

I like Mario's for the most part because of a waiter named Charlie. He is courteous, prompt in serving and pleasant to his customers. The food is good, not great and the ambiance is nice but certainly could be improved. My last visit there on Father's Day was a big disappointment since I had to take the food home and discovered the meat was burned and inedible. So I spent $50, with drinks, and had to throw the food out. I will, however try the restaurant again since my previous experiences were good.

Reviewed May 10, 2008

I have been going to Mario's for over 20 years. Yes, it is an Ormond staple but it needs a good cleaning and maybe a little inside remodel? The past few times we have gone there was a mildewy stench upon walking in. Although the food is good classic cheesy and saucy Italian the overall decor and of course the smell of dirty dish water in the air made it unpleasent.

Reviewed October 30, 2007

Living in the area for over 30 years, I have been to Mario's many times, dating back to the days before the owner's remodeled and renamed it Mario's. The atmosphere is intimate and it is not a noisy restaurant, making it excellent for dates or carrying on conversation with your tablemates. It has been family owned and operated for more than 50 years. While I have never been to Italy, I have traveled extensively in the US and have never eaten in an Italian restaurant that has better food than Mario's. They bake their own bread and make their own pasta. The food is always freshly made, the portions are very generous and I have never encountered a problem with the service. My personal favorites are the veal or chicken marsala and the lasagna. My husband, sometimes is not in the mood for Italian food and orders their NY strip steak. He claims it is as good as any he's ever had. This is a restaurant where we take guests we want to impress.