“italian restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2013

great italian food... along time restaurant family owned a favorite of locals... excellent takeout service could do a liile remodeling.. reccommend it highly

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We arrived before six and were offered the early bird dinners as well as the full menu. Early birds were between $13-20. I ordered the Veal Parmasan from the early bird menu, $15.99 .. came with pasta and salad. My husband ordered Shrimp and Clam Linguine from the full menu, $18.99 . The salads were served on ice cold silver plates and were delicious. Along came a full loaf of baked garlic bread, which was PERFECT! A glass of wine (which was only $4.95 during early birds) was tasty. Hubby's meal was good. Not much seafood, but lots of garlic. My veal was not very good at all. The breading was so thick and something in the sauce made it almost bitter. I took most of it home, hoping it will taste better in a sandwich.
The restaurant was a white-linen table cloth, fine dining restaurant. And it was lovely. Music was soft and quite nice. Waiter was wonderful, attentive and right there for anything we needed. I would go back, but would not get the red sauce again. For the price and atmosphere, you can probably not do any better.

1  Thank JoJo676
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We are 40 plus year patrons...what is going on with the music? We have mentioned this to Gina several times. What you would expect in a white table-clothed fine-dining Italian resaurant is Andre Bocelli or other fine italian music - even instramentals. Instead you are distracted from your fine meal by wierd jazz that does not mix with the fine Italian restaurant ambiance - surely we are not the only patrons who feel that Italian music would be appropriate - or anything more soothing than what we have to listen to. Also, we always have to ask for a nice wine glass - otherwise we order the best wine on the menu and we are served with "not great" wine glasses. These things make a real differece. Hope someone is listening - Tommy?

Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stopped in for a spontaneous dinner. We were definitely impressed. We were informed that all of the sauces and bread are homemade, which in my opinion means that it's pretty authentic. We started with the garlic bread, which is seriously fantastic! I would recommend getting half garlic and half plain, because there is lots of garlic and butter on it. I had fettuccine alfredo with chicken. It was very yummy! I was very glad that we stopped by! If you like Italian, try it out!

2  Thank LMGriesmeyer
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Mario's is an old, established Italian restaurant that is still around for a very good reason; good food at reasaonable prices. I love the linguini with red clam sauce - you can have the clams in the sauce or left in the shell - your choice - I usually get a combo of some in the sauce and some in the shell and it is excellent. My husband almost always gets the eggplant parmesan - fresh and good.

1  Thank Lindalee03