“A True "gem "..”
Review of Sun Deck Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ormond Beach
Sun Deck Motel
Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Ormond Beach
Longwood, Florida
“A True "gem "..”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

After a trip to St Augustine, stopped by the Sun Deck in Ormond Beach for two days. Was greatly impressed by the clean, well maintained , friendly atmosphere. Keith & Chrystal were warm & welcoming. A true "gem" ! I will recommend Sun Deck to all my friends and family as a fantastic get-a-way from every day stress.

Room Tip: Room #12 on second floor has an excellent view of the beach.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Ruth C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed September 14, 2013

My sisters and I stayed at the Sun Deck Motel for 2 days and nights_we were returning from St Pete and planned to take a break and enjoy the beach for a coupla days__the rooms are cosy / clean / and right on the beach with the yard area well cared for_the rates are very reasonable and the front desk personnel are friendly and helpful_there is a Publix just across the street with other shopping stores as well__I and my sisters will stay at the Sun Deck Motel again__very nice and I would highly recommend a stay at the Sun Deck Motel__come and enjoy_!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sandra b
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I was just passing through town and stumbled upon the Sun Deck motel and was pleasantly surprised by the clean rooms and the great rates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The grounds were well kept and Chrystal at the front desk could not have been sweeter!!! Id recommend this establishment to friends or family any day of the week!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Mike D
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This was our third time staying at the Sun Deck. The people that work there are so friendly, the rooms are clean and inexpensive, and they are right on the beach. They are a small motel (20 rooms), so if you are looking for a personable place where people talk to you...this is it! We look forward to coming back again and soon! I always feel so relaxed when I leave here. Conveniently located across the street from a Publix and an ice cream place. If you like to fish..the hardware store across from them sells frozen bait and prices on tackle are reasonable. Once we park at the motel, we rarely get in the car to go elsewhere (Lenny's Pizza was the only exception.)

Room Tip: We always book the second floor so we can see the ocean from our room or the boardwalk. I think it...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank proudteacher5
Upstate, SC
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Once again, vacation time has come and gone. We had to leave behind our beautiful view loaned to us temporariliy by the folks at Sundeck. Great trip, great surf fishing, lots of relaxation! Always enjoy the stay...can't wait to get back to our favorite beach spot!

Room Tip: Long 20 unit "Mom and Pop" motel. Only two ocean front rooms.
1 Thank SCTrekkerMom
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Peaceful, tranquil and clean. After a busy vacation in Miami Fl I needed another vacation. Ormond Beach ,Fl was the place. After reading the reviews on trip advisor ,I made reservations at the Sun Deck Motel. Yes!!!! it was what I needed small personable and friendly. The rooms were clean and cute. I could see the beach from all the windows. Beautiful! Parking is great, the staff Super great and friendly. Shopping center across the street or take a ride down the street for more. OH, second floor best view 214 worked for me!! I will return again and again!!!!!

Room Tip: just cant get enough ,I opened the door at night and listened to the waves crashing, I felt very Saf...
1 Thank DECEE305
Dryden, Michigan
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed 5 nights and our friends stayed 4 nights over the 4th of July weekend. I knew when I booked it that it was not a huge hotel chain with valet parking and a restaurant with a world renowned chef. That's exactly what I didn't want. I looked for a privately owned, small, comfortable, clean, quiet place away from all the beach crowds and the Sun Deck Motel was all that and more! From the warm friendly smile of Victoria who checked us in to the attentiveness and caring of Hannah and Keith, this place seemed more like a bed and breakfast (minus the breakfast) than a motel. It's old but so too are the 20-30 story hotels further south in Daytona Beach. In fact, last year we stayed two hotels down from the same hotel I enjoyed my high school senior trip in 35 years ago and we paid nearly twice the $ per night as we did here at the Sun Deck Motel. Keith and Hannah have done a great job in remodeling the rooms. We had a kitchen in ours which helped save some money by not going to a restaurant. We cooked on the outdoor grills and ate at the picnic tables all the while enjoying our view of the ocean. It was really nice to go down to the beach and not have to "stake a claim" to enjoy a day on the beach like you do down in Daytona.
I'm positive that when Keith and Hannah get the Sun Deck Motel the way they want it, this little gem will be sought after by many. Thank you all so much for a fantastic vacation! We loved the place and can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: We had a room on the second level and was nice to walk out the door and see the ocean. Or just sit i...
1 Thank Steve42150