“What a find”
Review of Sun Deck Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ormond Beach
Sun Deck Motel
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Ormond Beach
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Trip advisor is my new best friend. This motel was a rare find. Inexpensive, perfect location, and very clean. We only stayed one night, but plan to come back. The beach is beautiful and the motel is right on the beach. The owner was very friendly and very helpful. Do yourself a favor and stay here. No amenities like shampoo & blowdryer, but who cares for the price you can buy your own.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank aebcpa
There are newer reviews for Sun Deck Motel

Reviewed August 7, 2011

A wonderful little mom and pop place. Friendly staff. Peaceful place. Simple, no frills. Short walk to sand and sea. Ormond's best kept secret...and now it's out! I do hate to write about this place, but they do deserve the credit! Can't wait to go back next year!

Room Tip: Book early to get rooms closest to ocean with best views!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank SCTrekkerMom
Reviewed August 5, 2011

As I am a frequent visitor to the Daytona/Ormond Beach areas, I had often noticed the bright yellow attractiveness of the SunDeck Motel, as I would use the local Publix grocery just across the road. But until the first week of December last year I had always stayed at other places that I had utilized before.

I am so very glad I stopped in to inquire as to their rates and availability! This will be my "home away from home" for all future visits to this area. I love having an efficiency and the one I occupied was very clean and well appointed, with a view to the ocean off the upper deck and another view to the north out of the bedroom window.

The staff was friendly and accommodating and since I was traveling alone they were solicitous of my safety and well being without being pesky about it. I explained that I was there for a much need retreat and time alone, and wanted nothing more than to rest and walk the beach. The beach access there is wonderful, down a wooden walkway and onto the pristine sands of Ormond Beach, with not too many high rises on that section....it feels like your own private beach.

The location is convenient to the Publix across the way, as I mentioned and there are several local restaurants nearby as well as some local shops, including a surf shop and a great ladies consignment boutique!

I had a great time and was refreshed and energized when I left...can't wait to return to this jewel of a place in the Florida sun!

Room Tip: They are very good about discounts for longer stays...just ask!
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
7  Thank Genevia
Reviewed July 8, 2011

On the beach, my idea of perfect. Old fashioned, the kind of motel our family stayed in as kids. Nothing fancy, but clean and roomy, and you can't beat the price! Had a room with a kitchen for $65. Friendly staff. But, being footsteps from the big, nearly empty beach is my favorite. Hate staying in hotels, riding the elevator up and down, dragging all the stuff back and forth to the beach. At Sun Deck you can park your stuff, walk back to your room for drinks and lunch, and return to the beach. Loved my stay and hope to return next week.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank salligator
Reviewed June 9, 2011

We were only at the Sun Deck for one night, but were pleased with what we found. The rooms are a good size and nice and clean - probably one of the best value motels we've stayed at - you can't beat the price. The staff was very nice and you're just a few steps away from the beach. Overall, a really nice place to stay!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ZephyrMarie
Reviewed June 6, 2011

My room had a spectacular view of the ocean, easy access to the beach, and had everything I needed for a refreshing getaway...The staff were warm and friendly. The motel provided the 3 essential C's for respite: Comfort, cleanliness, and coziness...I left knowing this was a place I will return again and again.

Room Tip: Noisy footwork from the ceiling...try second floor
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank bezerw1
Reviewed April 27, 2011

The motel's staff was extremely personable and helpful. The price was the best value for the area. We now live in the area and would recommend this motel to visitors who want a motel on the beach that won't break your budget.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple