Howard Johnson Ormond Beach at Destination Daytona
$119
Atlantic Cove(Ormond Beach)
$67
$101
Driftwood Beach Motel(Ormond Beach)
$80
Sleep Inn(Ormond Beach)(Great Value!)
$59
Best Western Castillo Del Sol(Ormond Beach)(Great Value!)
$100
$95
Super 8 Ormond Beach(Ormond Beach)(Great Value!)
$54
The Cove on Ormond Beach(Ormond Beach)(Great Value!)
$193
$136
Hotels.com
Lotus Boutique Inn & Suites(Ormond Beach)(Great Value!)
$86
Hotels.com
OceanFront Inn and Suites(Ormond Beach)(Great Value!)
$86
Hotels.com
All reviewshear truckstruck stopfront deskbike weekharley dealershiproom was cleancontinental breakfaststay there againbedroom suitegreat place to staypleasant stayfull kitchenmotorcycledaytonapropertydryerinterstate
Reviewed April 30, 2012

We booked this hotel as a waypoint in a multistop trip in Florida. It is right off of the I95 and easy to get to. It is nestled in between the Harley Davidson megastore and a rib place but enough distance from each that we did not hear any customer or road noise. My husband and I are not bikers and have no interest in staying where there is a huge biker influence. Once in the room, however, it feels like any hotel location. As we did not stay during a biking event, the proximity to the Harley Davidson store was a non factor.

The hotel is actually only part hotel and part condominiums. Some of the hotel rooms and 2 room apartments are privately owned but rented out by the hotel. We were first put off by the "for sale" signs in some of the windows. We had a room on the first floor, overlooking the parking lot. The room was large and had a refrigerator and coffee pot and 2 queen beds. The beds and pillows were comfortable. The air conditioner was one of the low wall types. It was somewhat quieter than most. The bathroom large but the floor was somewhat slippery. At first, we thought it was wet but realized it was probably soap from incomplete washing. Overall, the rooms were above average for this price point.

One odd thing about this hotel is that there is a bar with a door that connects to the first floor hallway. We were quite concerned about possible noise in the evening. Perhaps because we were there midweek but our concerns were unfounded as we heard no bar noise or traffic through the door.

We did not eat the breakfast as we had to leave too early (it starts at 7:30).

The staff are quite nice and helpful.

We did eat at the adjacent rib place. The ribs were average but the carrot cake terrific (and huge so split with at least 2 people).

We would stay there again but only when it is not during bike week or on a weekend.

Room Tip: Second floor may be more secure because of the first floor access to the bar. But, make sure you are not right above the bar. Our GPS places the hotel further from I95. It is actually the first building in the shopping center, facing the freeway and connected to the Pig Stand.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NotThereYet59
Reviewed April 11, 2012

This was a last minute booking through Orbitz w/o even viewing the hotel online first. I was a little scared to book it given that I always read bad reviews on 3 star hotels but decided to give it a try. I'm glad I did because this hotel is somewhat of a hidden treasure. The room was very nice. The appliance seemed to be new and the room was very clean with up to date decor. I was a little disappointed by the location of the elevators and stairways. It gets very dark there at night and if you want to park in front of your room you will need to walk half way around the hotel to get to the entrances depending on where your room is. Besides that I would recommend this hotel to all my friend and family. The staff were all very friendly and welcoming and everyone kept a smile on their face. I also was surprised that it was so quiet beings though we were right by the Harley Davidson dlrshp and other bike stores. Thanks you guys for the great stay!!!!

Room Tip: Try to get a room closer to the elevators or stairways.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank tamika b
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Long story short, we started out renting a private home that turned into a disaster. We couldn't stay at the home due to cleanliness issues. In a long search of "nicer" places to stay, we stumbled on Destination Daytona. Next to a Harley Davidson dealership, you say? Ummm. Ohhh. Let's at least go check it out. We aren't into staying near the beach or near the Spring Break crowd, so why not?

When we arrived, the sweetest girl on the planet greeted us. Julie was so helpful and thoughtful with making sure we ended up in a room(s) that fitted our needs. We needed at least a 2 bedroom suite for our 3 children (ages 14, 12, 8). The rooms were perfect! One room had 2 queens, another had 1 king and the "middle" room was a living area with pull-out couch and full kitchen! Bonus WASHER/DRYER in the king room. Total score!!

This hotel ended up being everything we needed. There are plenty of places to get a bite to eat near by, it's a short drive to all things classic Daytona, easy on and off the expressway, a beautiful pool area and free breakfast!

Worried that it might be over-run with biker types? Not true. Maybe during Bike Week, but we had a pleasant stay that was appropriate for our kids. The hotel was quiet, peaceful and clean. Clean being a huge thing for me! We had no major issues or problems with our stay and would totally stay again!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank MelissaW10_73
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We booked a room for the last weekend of Bike week. The room was flawless. We had the queen deluxe guest room with two beds, an apt size fridge, good size TV, microwave and a nice clean bathroom. The Harley Davidson dealership is on the premises along with three nice restaurants. There is even a concert area called the coca cola pavilion which had name bands and other events going on. The staff was very courteous and took care of all our needs. They went out of there way to make sure we felt at home. We will definitely book a room there on our next trip. It is located at the intersection of Rt 95 and Rt1. Very convenient to get to and from. Would not hesitate to recommend them. Especially during either bike week. You are right in the middle of all the action.

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor which had a nice view of a small pond.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John T
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I stayed one night during race week and I was given a ground floor patio room as my boyfriend has a handicap status. We liked the room and the fact it was first floor. Upon check out we asked if that particular room Was available for three specific nights during bike week.. The clerk said it was for only those nights so we paid $900 believing we would have that room based on the clerks word. What a surprise when we arrived and our room was occupied by a young non-handicap couple. We were then told rooms are not guaranteed. ( after quite a bit of back peddling by the clerk) we were placed in a second floor balcony room over the bar. The rugs were stained and had a cigarette burn. After speaking to other people it appears that the hotel had done the same to Them. Definitely a very expensive mistake. We could have stayed beachfront near main street for that price and saved destination Daytona for a day excursion. Live and learn.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Abcdwxyz
MAlexander910, General Manager at Howard Johnson Ormond Beach at Destination Daytona, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2012

Dear Ms. H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your Bike Week visit at Destination Daytona Inn & Suites.

It is apparent that we fell short of your expectations during your second visit to our hotel, and for this I apologize. When your reservation was made in February for Daytona Beach Bike Week, you booked a Deluxe Balcony Room. Although we try our best to accommodate the unique requests of our guests, we cannot guarantee that each special request is honored. In your case, the particular patio room on the first floor that you requested had been occupied for several days by the time of your arrival. I sincerely apologize that it was not effectively communicated to you during the time you made your reservation that a particular room could not be guaranteed, especially during an event as busy as Bike Week.

It saddens me to hear that the quality of the carpet in your guest room was not up to our standards of cleanliness at Destination Daytona Inn & Suites. It is a point of pride that our housekeeping department takes great measures to ensure that each guest room exceeds our standards and our guest’s expectations. It is obvious that your room was not prepared to those standards and I will address this issue with the housekeeping staff and supervisor to prevent any future deficiencies in carpet cleanliness.

Thank you again for sharing your experiences with me. Through candid guest input, I can address and correct our weaknesses to the benefit of all our future guests. I apologize again that we fell short of your expectations this visit, but I do hope that you will give Destination Daytona Inn & Suites another opportunity to regain your confidence in our hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly to reserve a future reservation so I can help ensure that your next experience with us a pleasurable one.

Warm Regards,