“Anniversary dinner”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We made reservations at Bonefish for a 6PM dinner. We were seated promptly seated in the bar area ( our request) and greeted by a hostess offering drinks while we perused the menu. We both ordered lobster tail. The timing of all dishes was very good. We were both disappointed in the lobster. Apparently, they changed their cooking techniques. Usually an excellent selection in the past, both dishes suffered from an over-abundance of seasonings which left very little of the natural "seafood" flavor of the lobster. Other than that, Bonefish service and hospitality was up to its usual very high quality.

1  Thank EnjoyTraveling34172

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Had two great dinners while on vacation at Daytona Beach Shores. Love the fresh, hot bread and dipping oil. The house salad & dressing is very good. Love the salmon, grilled shrimp and scallops with the Asian topping. Will return.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

After a ballet recital we packed up the mini vans and headed for Bonefish (my wife's choice). This was on a Saturday night at around 9PM. There were 8 of us (3 children, one baby and four adults). The experience did not start off well. The hostess that greeted us seemed mystified as to why we asked for a table for eight. None the less, she told us it would be a 5 to 10 minute wait. With so many children in tow, the wife took them to the restroom. On her way back from the restrooms she noticed that the back of the dining area was empty with plenty of available tables. We approached the hostess to ask if there were tables in front of our party. We were informed we were the next table to be seated and that they were clearing a table for us? My wife informed them there were sufficient tables in the back...this seemed to have further confused the hostess (three people on each side and one at each end was more than her math skills could handle). She was confused as how to combined three small tables so that 8 people could sit. Luckily the manager approached and instructed the hostess on what she needed to do. We were then promptly seated. It does not matter how many times the hostess opens the door for you to come in and out, but when they can't figure out how the seat people and make them needlessly wait, then the first impression is already jeopardized.

We ordered a variety of starters, and ordered the kids meals ASAP, so the young ones would be occupied while the grown ups could try to relax and enjoy a nice meal. None of the food we ordered made an impression on us. It was all average. same sort of fare you could have at dozens of restaurants. If you like something that is creamy and sweet, and overwhelming on the pallet, order the bang Bang Shrimp...otherwise try the Mussels Josephine (better choice).

On the kids menu you could find the usual dishes. I have found that children are not very picky. I was impressed with the fact that the children's meals came out ASAP as requested...I would say this restaurant is actually child friendly.

Our overall impression of the dining experience was saved by the good service we received from our waitress. I would say this is the saving grace of this place. The food is average. I would recommend not going on a Saturday night...there is adequate parking, but it a bit of a squeeze. We will give this place another go and try a few of the items we did not get a chance to savor.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Have never had a bad meal at Bonefish Grill. My girlfriend and I ate dinner here for Father's Day. As usual, it was excellent. The restaurant is clean, friendly staff, great food and reasonable prices. Will be back for more. A pleasant experience.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Bonefish Grill was the exact dining experience my husband and I were looking for after a day at the ocean beach. We were greeted warmly and seated quickly without reservations. Our waiter was Devon, who did a fabulous job of meeting our needs. My husband thoroghly enjoyed one of the fish specials with garlic mashed potatoes and grilled aspargas which was prepared well. I ordered Lily's chicken which was a Tuscan chicken dish served with goat cheese and spinach. The quinoa side dish is very tasty! The wine list is not extensive, however, we were able to find a couple selections that are just a bit out of the ordinary. We will definitely be back!

Been to Bonefish Grill? Share your experiences!