“Good seafood”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Nice selection of seafood and the quality is good though pricey. Nice ambiance. Good place for lunch as well.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I had heard luscious ads for Bonefish Grill in South Bend, Indiana, but it took me until I moved to Florida to give them a try. I called for 6 o'clock reservations on a Saturday, and the fellow warned me that there might be a bit of a wait at that time. Even though the place was bursting and we were ready for a wait, we were seated immediately. The waitress was poised, knowledgeable, and personable without being intrusive or (ugh) perky.

I ordered the salmon salad, and the fillet was perfect. Hard to find the bleu cheese in the dressing, but unfortunately, what else is new? If you like your asparagus beaten into mush, this dish is not for you, but I perfer it with vitamins intact, so it was perfect.

My partner ordered the pompano and he loved it. We did the "infamous" bang bang shrimp as an ap, and I can understand why the saucified, fast-food American palate (such as my partner's) loves this stuff. I was surprised to hear a server at another table describe it as "spicy" to an elderly diner, worried about ordering it... actually, the pompano was much spicier, so I think he missed out on something he might have enjoyed. I would have liked to have seen her offer him one to sample (he could have had mine, but my partner had them safely tucked in styrofoam for their trip home. With him, they barely made it.)

One ridiculously cute thing was they wrote the contents (as if I didn't know) on my takeout box and drew a happyfish on it. OK, it was pretty goofy, but charming; best of all, the food was great and plentiful!!

Very close seating, packed tightly, so thank goodness, no screaming children in our area. As we left, around 7, the waiting area was even more packed; so definitely, reserve! Red Lobster price range but far better quality and choices.

1  Thank myirysheyes
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Enjoyed the food and the service. This resturant was within walking distance from our hotel. We had dinner here two night and because of the amount of food we were able to split a dish that saved us money. The staff was great.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We've always enjoyed the Bonefish chain. They offer a wide array of fresh fish that is always well prepared. And the Bang Bang Shrimp are simply wonderful.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

This restaurant is rated #2 in Ormond Beach and is supposed to be a seafood place. Their specialty is fish and seafood on the grill. I ordered the lobster tails from their 'grill' list. What I got is flavourless boiled lobster with litely burned shell. Fail!

1  Thank Calvin-Hobbes44