“right on the river, right on the price”
Review of River Grille

River Grille
Ranked #13 of 208 Restaurants in Ormond Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Palm Coast, Florida
“right on the river, right on the price”
Reviewed December 13, 2011

The restaurant sits high on the bank of the Tomoka river with a covered outdoor deck and several smaller decks lower on the bank. While the menu items read like a regular sea food cafe, the seasonings reflect the owners Louisiana kitchen training with Emeril Lagasse. I had the shrimp and crawfish etoufee over dirty rice. Just like New Orleans. Spouse had the club sandwich which was nothing like the quartered sandwich you usually get. Here it comes on marbled rye with an inch of sliced turkey and a half inch of bacon topped with lettuce, tomato and of course a third slice of bread. About ta hree inch thick slice of heaven with hushpuppies on the side. Keeping with Emeril's game plan, the desert menu left us wishing we had left more room for desert. Seven different creations are offered desides the traditional key lime pie, etc. we spli an orange cream cheesecake. Wow.

And the price was less than you would expect.

• Visited December 2011

Hudson, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place to stop”
Reviewed December 3, 2011

Atmosphere good, view of river, can dine/drink outside. Great location, tho not overly noticeable. Good specials during the week (they change). Very friendly staff

Visited September 2011
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Our dinner was awful and we would never go for Thanksgiving dinner at the River Grill again.”
Reviewed November 25, 2011

I made a 5:30 reservation and we were not seated until 6:00. The special menu consisted of 5 entrees. Most of our party wanted the Prime Rib. By the time our order was taken the Prime Rib was sold out! It took 30 minutes for the salads to come out, with one roll per person. Our entrees were served luke warm, the gravy was not hot nor were the vegetables! The food was bland served on plastic plates! I felt like I was at a high school banquet. Our server was very pleasant but service was so slow, I think more so due to the kitchen. Waited a half hour after dinner for 5 slices of pie. Never again!

• Visited November 2011
palm coast
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This place cares about every detail”
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I would have to say that being to many places over the years, this place sticks into the back of my mind the most. My family and I stopped by the Rivergrille after a recommendation from the attendant at the gas station. When we arrived the place was very busy and nearly out of parking spaces. We had some concerns at that time thinking that we would possibly be given bad service and middle of the road food. From the time we walked threw the door wich was being held open for us by the hostess we looked at each other as if it was a dream. This practice does not happen everytime I am sure but on a busy night to see it was to believe it. We had then been told that the outside seating was on a bit of a wait and we could be sat inside if we would like. We chose to wait for the out side availability and we where offered to go to either of the bars and have a drink while we waited. So we checked the place out and went to both bars and decided to stay at the outside bar for a drink while we waited for our table. The service for our drinks was great and she offered us a menu as well if we would like. We then had our table ready to go and it seemed a bit chilly and we where on the fence as to whether we should go inside to eat, and after we sat at our table we noticed radiant heaters just over our heads that had just the right amount of heat coming off of them another +. Our server immediatly noticed us and welcomed us and also said that if it gets to chilly she would be happy to get the heat turned up or find us a spot inside. All this and we have yet to order our food. Our server returned with our drinks and told us about the specials and gave us a few more minutes to before she took our order. My wife had the grouper and I had the N.Y. strip It was great the fish we where told had just been cut and that is what prompted her to get it, my strip was a perfect medium and simply prepared with a little steak seasoning. my kids voiced there opinion as well about the cheeseburger and the fried shrimp wich both came with HOT fries. We decided on dessert as we where eating and got the bannana pudding wich was also very good. After all is said and done as we are leaving I went to the bathroom to find that it was also another stepping stone to a return visit it was clean and my wife had also mentioned that the ladies room was also well taken care of and being swept up by the same girl who greeted us. As we where leaving the young girl asked how everything was and I replied that it just could not have been better and to keep up the great job. We will be back and we will tell everyone about our time at the Rivergrille. This place is a well run private operation with some good old faishoned buisness sence and politeness. I will tell you the place is well kept in every manner and has the most unique atmosphere I have seen in a place.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Jake L
Orlando, Florida
“Drive to it or boat to it but you will enjoy it.”
Reviewed October 25, 2011

My parents had originally gone to the River Grille in July 2011, so they reccomended we go during our stay in Oct 2011.
If you are staying on the beach, do yourself a favour and drive the wee bit to go here. It is totally worth it. We had the broccoli cheese soup and my MIL had the clam chowder. Both soups were the best we'd ever had!! I had the chicken and sausage pasta which was equally good.
Make sure you save room for the Sunshine Cake. It is the best cake ever.
The River Grille has a wonderful location right on the river and there is plenty outside seating, a big bar and wonderful service.

Visited October 2011