“The hotel was great”
Review of Makai Beach Lodge

Makai Beach Lodge
Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Ormond Beach
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Great place great view when it hot the is nice and cold the room was great for me and my wife I wish I could have stayed there more time then one day I was I had more time Min golf is across the road if you like mingolf. Very relaxing,peaceful and very great ocean front view that you can watch sunrise we really loved it.keep up the good work.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank wagner12345

Reviewed April 17, 2013

this was my fourth trip to the Makai. I visit my sister in fl. and if the Makai had no rooms available would just not spend a few days there. It is like coming home. The staff is wonderful, the rooms are wonderful, the pool, hot tub. the availability of chairs, unbrellas, etc. available for use at no cost. the continental breakfast has what I need to get started for the day. Have also heard many positive comments from other guests staying there. Can't wait for another visit. the Makai, to me, is florida at its best!

Room Tip: we have always stayed in an oceanfront room. the past two years had a kitchenette. we had room 219...
1  Thank wardjeanjim
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stayed at the Makai on Easter break and the staff was wonderful and attentive. Even though the rooms are not the newest they were very reasonably priced and cleaned well daily. We had a great vacation and will definitely return next year for another vacation. Thank you all the staff.

1  Thank Brian F
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Close for Daytona 500; reasonable pricing (75) per night; beautiful ocean view of Daytona Beach! Booked this hotel before the race weekend and will book again. Walking distance to stores and places to eat. Walk down to beach and strole for hours, very nice location.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The Makai is perfect for a traveller who loves old Florida. I am 55 and grew up going to Daytona
every summer. We stayed at the Edgewater, a family owned apratment house on the beach, which sold out 20 plus years ago. The Makai was like going back to my childhood. It has that family feel.

If you like the quirky experience of being hosted by folks who truly love what they do, you will be very happy at the Makai. For instance, one night we stayed out on the beach too late and the restaurant we had planed for dinner closed before we were ready to eat. The woman at the desk was able to recomend several similar places and explore with us which features mattered most to us. The ultimate recommendation after discussion was great.

This is not a place that obsesses over getting everything surgically clean, but instead makes sure that every request is met. The old time Florida vacation I had feared was gone for good is alive and well at the Makai. Highly recommended for adventurous folk who want a personal experience, a great value and a relationship with their host.

Room Tip: The Makai is on the beach. My most important request was to be beach front, high enough to watch the...
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We had a group of 80 in 2 bus loads, 23 rooms. The staff had been nothing but supportive from the time we made the reservation. The ocean is harsh on a property, so not everything is in its best condition. But the staff was responsive to whatever issues or problems we've had. For the price we received, plus complementary breakfast, plus ocean view (not all rooms), it really was great value. I would definitely look them up again if we get back there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We had a great time we stayed for 4 days we stayed in a oceanfront room over the pool which was great. The only bad thing I have to say is that we did not have a lot of hot water. But I could live with that because of the value, location, and all the other amenities that they offer you. The staff is friendly and goes out of there way to make you happy. From the reservation process(which I have a lot of questions and needs) to check out my family had a great time.

• Stayed: April 2013