“Great place to stay with children near Daytona Beach!”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Ormond Beach
Reviewed July 22, 2009

This hotel is a great place to stay. On the plus side:

1) Microwave-refrigerator in every room.
2) Very clean.
3) Kind and helpful front desk staff.
5) Close to interstate.
6) Very good price - under $60 a night.
7) Free parking.
8) Basic continental breakfast.
9) About 10-12 miles north of the beach.
10) Very close (less than 1 mile) to shopping, eating, Walmart, etc.

On the minus side:

1) Wi-fi Internet never worked even after I notified the front desk.
2) Had a non-smoking room, but other guests smoked in their rooms and you could definitely smell it in the halls. BUT, the room itself was completely smoke-free and fresh smelling.

The bottom line:
We will definitely stay here again if near the New Orleans area!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank BSpeaker

Reviewed June 3, 2009

I stayed at the Sleep Inn for one day and night while on a two day trip to Daytona Beach. As far as budget hotels are concerned, the Sleep Inn was a very good hotel and received bad marks for minor inconveniences.

The hotel was very clean and the front desk staff was very friendly in providing directions to St. Augustine and local areas. The room was larger and more accomodating than most budget hotels but the bathrooms were nothing special.

The location was very accomodating and located close to plenty of restaurants. The hotel isn't that far to the beach either. I really enjoyed driving down Highway 1 and stopping whenever something caught my eye. Lastly, the price for room was very reasonable.

All in all, I would stay here again if I were going to Ormond Beach.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank UTampaMBA
Reviewed March 19, 2009

We stayed at four different Florida hotels in March. Locations: Ormond Beach, Daytona Beach, and Cocoa Beach. This Ormond Beach location was the noisiest. I am talking about interior noise. Every time a heavy room entrance door was shut across the hall or next door, the door locks made enough noise you thought you were at the county jail. The walls between the rooms must be thin because I overheard the conversations and activities in the room next door. Best advice: make sure you have some earplugs.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank StreetGlider54
Reviewed June 13, 2007

This is an excellent hotel. If cleanliness is your top priority you will love this place. It is close to lots of restaurants and shopping and although the pool is small it is very clean. I felt very at home here and would highly recommend this property if you are going to Ormond Beach.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank zoeyNewfoundland
Reviewed February 6, 2007

We stayed here for one night while travelling. Although it is a good location just off I-95 and our room was clean, the hotel itself including the lobby and hallways was very smelly. You could hardly stand to be in the hallway and we passed on the free breakfast that they offered just because of the smell. The smell was not in the rooms ... thank goodness. And it did it's job for the one evening that we stayed there. But I am not so sure if travelling again we would stop at this location.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LCarpenter
Reviewed December 25, 2006

I stayed here several times over the summer. I am very picky as far as cleanliness, and I was very satisfied! Bathroom, linens, everything was spotless. The staff was great, giving me the room I requested each time. Don't let the location next to the Interstate (95) worry you. I never heard any traffic noise and slept great!

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
7  Thank momnnp
Reviewed December 18, 2006

I spent 10 nights at this hotel and only left because I was unable to extend my stay due to the Thanksgiving holiday busy period or would have stayed another week. The hotel was clean and offered a delightful (complimentary) breakfast consisting of coffee, tea, juices, cereals and pastries. My room was clean and very comfortable, I began to feel quite at home here and was actually sad to leave it for another hotel.
The staff were friendly and very helpful offering advice on restaurants (although there are several good ones within walking distance) and places to visit. I will definately recommend this hotel to friends and will be using it on my next visit to the area.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled solo