“Donna N.”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Ormond Beach
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We had an awesome time at this hotel. We arrived quite early. We did get our in 1 hour. We were treated very well by all the staff we encountered. You can literally walk across the street to Dennys, Shake and Stake, and Applebys. Breakfast was very good a wide selection. Complimentary cookies in the evening. the hotel decor was very nice. It looked brand new. There was a nice lounge area and business center.there is also a small gym. Definately will return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
SleepInnOrmond, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Donna N,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a Tripadvisor review. We appreciate all the positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again sometime soon. Thanks again

Reviewed August 12, 2013

So, my family and I were staying at a hotel in Daytona Beach and in a spur of the moment decision wanted to stay another night. They were sold out along with every other hotel in Daytona, but we really wanted to stay so we looked online found that this hotel (which was maybe 10 minutes away from where we were staying). I saw some of the negative reviews on here and was a bit skeptical but it was just one night so we went for it. We got to the hotel incredibly early so they told us to come back in an hour(which was still hours before the actual check-in time) and the room would be ready. We came back and got our room and it was fantastic!! It was spacious, well decorated, and close to the pool. I'm pretty sure we had people in the rooms next to us but the room was well insulated and we never heard them. In the morning we enjoyed a very nice breakfast including waffles, eggs, sausages, fruit, yogurt, coffee, grange and apple juice, etc. and if your hungry during the afternoon or for dinner they share a parking lot with Steak and Shake, Denny's and something else i can't remember. All and all I'm so happy that our other hotel was sold out! oh and shout out to Dana and another woman with blond hair, the very friendly front desk women!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Alyssa D
SleepInnOrmond, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Alyssa D,

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I needed a place to stay for one night and knew this hotel was on the route. Decided to grab a "hotel coupon book" and swing in for a room. It was just at the exit with a dunkin donuts, cracker barrell, taco bell, wnedys and steak and shake right there, as well as a denny's. There was also three gas stations within a block of the highway in three directions. Bonus.
I have used sleep inns many times, they are generally economical and generally 2 - 3 stars. this one fit the bill, It had everything you needed, clean beds, clean bath area and a free continental breakfast. The hotel is older and could use some renovating - again - maybe some new carpeting especially in the halls. They get heavily used during bike week, spring breaks, race weeks, and are so close to all of those venues.
It had a comfortable bed, the sheets and blankets were clean and fairly new. The pillows were comfy and as well fairly new.
I slept well, got up, had breakfast - waffles, yogurt, toast, bananas, muffins and coffee. They also had cereal, milk, donuts, juice(s).

Would I stay again, absolutely. Was it worth the money, definitely.
Not overpriced at all.
The young woman at the front desk was very polite, very friendly, even told me they had a special that was a better rate than the coupon I had and promptly provided me that rate. She also made sure my "rewards points" were added to my account, went over the breakfast times, directed me to the easiest way to the room, went over the local eateries and helped me with directions.
Was it the Ritz Carlton, no , but it was a room and that is what I needed a clean room with a comfortable bed, and a place to take a nice hot shower before starting off in the morning.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank foodchiky

Dear Foodchicky,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor online survey. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay. We are currently under a complete property renovation and are address all areas of the hotel.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We choose this hotel because of its location and inside halls. The room was old with no bathtub but for a one night stay it was okay, but the halls were disgustingly dirty and smelled. they looked like they had never been cleaned. We definitley will not stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013
SleepInnOrmond, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Mel0216

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us. As you may have not noticed we are under currently under renovation on the 3rd floor and moving our way downward. We will have the complete hotel finished by late September.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience and our brand new rooms and building.

Chris Fagan

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here because we had been driving a long time from
South Florida. It was very early in the morning. They charged us a full night for less than 7 hours. I believe they really could of cut us a break. The hotel is right off the highway and near several places to eat. The hotel lobby was clean. The hallway to our room had a bit of a odor. The room was old. The bed from my inspection was clean and smelled clean. The bathroom was clean as well. For only sleeping it was ok for what we needed. However, about 3 minutes after we arrived we talked about just driving the rest of the way home because it really wasn't that inviting. We slept passed breakfast time so I'm not sure how that was. Unless in a jam, we probably wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013
SleepInnOrmond, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. We are currently under a complete renovation addressing and or replacing all the issues in your review. We hope that in the future you give us the chance to provide you with the exceptional product and service you would expect.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Well, after this, the secret is going to be out. People are going to know exactly WHERE to go and how wonderful it is. . . then it will probable catch on and get nicer...YES. I'm talking about the Sleep Inn at Ormond Beach. This place is plent close to ormand beach and every possible restaurant you can imagine! It has the A-Z of fast/casual food places. The hotel itself is nice, the rooms are icy chilly if thats your thing (my husband loves that) with nice strong A/C. The front desk attendant was kind (Rob, I believe) and very helpful. I will probable stay here EVERYtime I'm driving down south of Jacksonville which is often. Didnt eat breakfast there, I mean come on everyone knows you go to IHOP for brekky (or dennys if your cheap) mcdonalds or the steak n shake. They are close to everything! The price is the real BLOCKBUSTER its sooo good for what your getting you can splurge a little on other stuff like food and liquor.

over all this place rocks and I hope you all dont believe me cause then I can keep the place to myself.

Room Tip: 3rd floor it
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank QueenRB

Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

My family has stayed at this hotel many times over the past 5-10 years - visiting parents living in an assisted living facility nearby. I gladly made a reservation, however, I have a broken ankle and needed a handicap room. I almost fell on the way in because my crutches slipped on the slightly wet tile (it rained a little, as is normal in FL), luckily someone caught me. They did place me in a hdcp room, but it's at the very end of the hall, not convenient to the free breakfast or front desk and NO HDCP parking outside this door. The room has a roll in shower, and the toilet is on the far end of the bathroom...great set up for wheel chair folks, but horrible for other types of mobility impairment. If the tile in the bath gets wet, crutches would again be very dangerous. The roll in shower has no seat, so a wheelchair would get wet and be unusable...and the rest of us cannot stand on one leg forever - and they have NO shower seat for request (don't cost much from nearby Walmart).
I like to be independent, but the set up in my condition is impossible...I must have a family member with me and still can't take a shower.
Internet is free, but connection is iffy.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
SleepInnOrmond, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear Susan,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Sleep Inn.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the proper accomodations due to your injury on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with maintenance and the front to ensure we handle these types of situations differently, as well as make the proper changes for guests in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Ormond Beach.

Kind Regards,

#9 of 29 in Ormond Beach
Quality Inn Daytona Speedway
Quality Inn Daytona Speedway
#1 of 73 in Daytona Beach

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!