“Would not recommend no parking spaces picture does not look...”

Days Inn Ormond Beach Mainsail Oceanfront
Ranked #24 of 29 Hotels in Ormond Beach
Reviewed July 7, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 7, 2013

This hotel maybe 50 years may have been a nice place. Today...not so much. The first sign that we knew we were in trouble was we noticed that the room numbers are scratched into the paint. A real nice effect I night add. Upon inserting the card key we had to slam down the handle to open the door to our "oasis". They put a king size mattress on a waterbed platform that was hard as a rock. You must see the curtain fabrics!! There was a tube television can you believe. How long have tube television been extinct. The aisle way between the foot of the water bed platform and the television stand/desk was 19.43 inches and we have knee pain, bruises, and gashes from trying to make it from the bed to the bathroom. This place is the pits. It smells. The free breakfast area is the size of walk-in closet! We were afraid to eat anything from this place. Care to eaves drop on your neighbors...this is place...you will hear almost work of their conversations. This place needs to be bull-dozed to improve the aesthetic of Ormond Beach. Oh yeah, forgot, wait until you try and park your car. There is not enough parking. I'm 58 years old and traveled extensively and this place ranks at the very bottom. The bathroom was very dirty. Adisgrace to the Days Inn corporation.

Room Tip: They are all unique in the styling.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is the worse place I have ever stayed!!My mom's bed had blood spots on comforter and poop on the blanket,the coffee maker was filthy had old coffee in pot and dead fly in the filter,the bathtub and walls had mold,we had to clean frig,microwave and counters before we could unpack.The first two days we cleaned the pool area.We had to ask that the floors be cleaned because they were filthy when we arrived.This was after they tried to put us on the third floor that stunk and the receptionist(owners daughter)got mad.I have written a review,good or bad,but this place was horrible.

Room Tip: Go to another motel,the pictures on here are wrong.I took pics but can't get them to download.
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Where do I begin? We booked this room through Expedia for a week which was broken up into a 3 night stay then a 4 night stay. Had to do this to get the discount. Now When we checked in only one of our rooms was ready so we unloaded everything into one room. Went to the beach for about an hour and came back, our card key didn't work, went to front desk and they re-keyed it for us. Should have known better, room was dirty and it looked like the room had been broken into before because the door facing was barely catching the lock. Now they do allow pets here, BUT neither the hotel or Expedia states that Ormond Beach or Daytona Beach does NOT allow pets. I cancelled the latter part of our week and began trying to find another hotel near Flagler Beach(which will allow pets on it) and then checked out of this one. Couldn't get back into our room because the key card would not work again. Went to front had card re-keyed, went to room and nothing it still would not work, went to front desk got card re-keyed and it still would not work. In the mean time I could hear my pets inside in their pet cage wanting out. The manager brought down a machine he plugged into the door latch and it wouldn't open the door. It has now been over an hour and I can't get into my room to get to my pets or luggage to leave. Now I call Expedia to try and get a refund for my stay of 6/22-6/25 and they say NO unless the hotel approves it. The hotel manager working on the door now and said I paid Expedia not the hotel so refund is up to Expedia. Expedia is giving me the run around while the manager says they will have to call a locksmith if they can find one at 9pm. Needless to say the manager stopped working on the door long enough to tell Expedia he approves the refund and I get it about 2 days later on my credit card. Now they tear open the door jamb which unlocks the room and I get my belongings and leave. I Do Not recommend this dirty, unsafe hotel and I told Expedia that on their website they should state more information about the area around hotel property is pet friendly. I agree with Shelia S and her review. By the way we stayed at the BeachFront Motel in Flagler Beach for the week -- read my review here on trip advisor-- it was less than half the price and my pets got to walk the beach with me across the street. Also this Days Inn is not owned by Days Inn, it's franchised out. Don't Stay Here!!!!

1  Thank hpgent

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The room was really nice, the pool was clean& refreshing, and the price was great. The person at the reception area was helpful but overworked trying to do everything. I have already recommended this place to several people.