“Disappointed” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Ormond Beach
NAPLES
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

First we had a problem with the rate that we reserved the room with. We had to talk to the manager many times and she was very unfriendly. She even hung up on me one time. We were told that the room was renovated but I didn't see anything new except maybe the couch. The blanket had stains on it as did some of the towels. The safety chain on the door was broken. The room just seemed dirty. The only good thing was the location. Our room was right on the ocean. We did get the rate that we reserved which was a good thing because if I had to pay anymore for that room, I would have been very upset.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is dirty, it is under construction so don't even think about sleeping pass 9 am. I stay in hotels very often due to my business. The staff is as rude as they come. Booked the room for 4 nights and stayed 3 nights. The Hotel General Manager KIRIT PATEL (should not even be working for hospitality at all) is very rude, you can not even understand what he says because he is not from this country and unprofessional. Never cleaned or refresh my room, the pool was dirty. When I told them that I wanted to cancel my reservation he charged me $94.50 for canceling. My advice, don't do it, do not stay here, save yourself the hassle.

• Stayed October 2012

Travelers are raving about these Ormond Beach hotels

Leesburg, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Booked online, check-in, rooms were very dirty, cob webs in the lamps. Was there about an hour before the smells and cleanliness got to us and we asked to leave. They STILL charged us... said we could not get a refund. (they showed us other rooms, all the same). Went down the street to a different hotel, much better, same price range.

Dump, very unaccommodating staff... Don't believe reviews that say other wise

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

Owner of property was rude and disrespectful.made us just just wanna leave.over charged us from price we paid online.I will never come back again...no towels.mold on the ceilings air conditioner barely worked.tvs old need to be up dated.they ruined my birthday weekend.there a rip off.hotel very old built in 1970.I would rather sleep in my car.

• Stayed September 2012
Savannah, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

my family had the best time at this hotel. It was right on the beach. The pool was always clean. My kids has a blast. The room was plenty big enough, and the staff and owners were very nice. I would stay here again. It was a great value and alot of fun.

Room Tip: We stayed in a oceanview. Ask for beachfront if you want a direct view of the beach. I still had a r...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

We were two dads and their young teenage sons (+ 1 dachsund) off for a couple of days of low-budget R&R before school started back. We did not have the opportunity to shop hotels on-line before the trip, so we drove onto "the strip" along A1A at sundown on a Thursday evening, hoping we could find suitable accommodations. "Suitable" for this group of guys carries a much different meaning than if we had the ladies with us! The property is family managed and we were able to secure a ocean-view room with two queens for under $100.00 (including the $10 dog fee). This is a "vintage" Daytona hotel, and had that familiar salty, musty, damp smell in the hallways, but the room was large and clean. Electronic key would not work in the door, and the entire lock mechanism was replaced within 1/2 hour. Parking became a challenge after dark. There were not enough towels for the room, but these were picked up at the front desk. Pool was nice, area clean. There was quite a bit of maintenance going on on the grounds such as air conditioning repairs, and building facade repair, but it did not create much of a disturbance. Breakfast left a bit to be desired - little variety in a small cramped space, but was enough to get one through until going to a nearby restaurant. Most rooms had ocean views with a common patio or balcony with chairs and a small table.

Overall, this hotel was exactly what we were seeking for a quick "guy trip". My wife, however, would not have enjoyed it!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family