“"Steer" to the steak”

Stonewood Grill & Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Stonewood Grill & Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 222 Restaurants in Ormond Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Looking for the best seafood and steaks in Florida? Experience polished casual dining at your local Stonewood Grill & Tavern restaurant, part of the Stonewood Holdings family of restaurants.
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Best service we've had in a long long time. We called ahead for a reservation. (A MUST!) but when we arrived there was no record of it. The group in front of us, without a reservation was told that there would be a 30 minute wait. Waiting in line behind them we were very smug, thinking that we had our reservation in our pockets. Our turn up, no record of the reservation. Problem? No problem! They took responsibility for misplacing our reservation and seated us right away!

Our too was really friendly!

The breads were excellent! Really warm and yummy. Our favorite were the hot pretzel sticks. Grandma enjoyed the dried cranberry biscuit but complained that she thought they had been microwaved. Our son really liked the clam chowder and even went so far as to say it was just shy of being as good as clam chowder in Boston. (Boston chowder being the standard that all other chowders are held to). We had two orders of the herb crusted grouper, one grilled salmon and one surf and turf. As substitutions are allowed I exchanged the rice pilaf for the mashed potatoes. The potatoes were great! The green beans that accompanied the fish were perfect, crisp tender. Unfortunately the grouper was a bit tough and not really seasoned well. The filet on the surf and turf was outstanding but the lobster tail was again a bit over cooked and not tender. For dessert we had the chocolate bread pudding! Delicious! The portion is huge so make sure you have some one to share it with. We all loved the big chocolate crisp that came stuffed into the large scoop of lucious vanilla ice cream.

If I return, I would sail away from the fish and "steer" toward the steaks .

Write a ReviewReviews (1,066)

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We went to Stonewood's to enjoy the great 1/2 price appetizer and drink specials, plus dinner. To. begin with, the waiter made a big deal about the house wine wine not being as good as the others. Of course, the other choices were not on the happy hour menu. He was over the top in pushing food items. We know the menu and were rather put out that he was so pesky. On the dinner side, meals were fine except for the soggy French fries on the burger plate. We waited for over 20 minutes to get our check and then only after pursuing others to help out. Full price shrimp appetizer was added.
We may be in our seventies, but we still remember what we ordered. Check was adjusted, but it may be a while before we go back to Stonewood's.

Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Excellent happy hour food and prices. New half price menu great. Not every appetizer is half but enough are. Drinks are half price too and very decent. Bartenders are good too. Certain bottles of wine are also half. I believe these specials are Sunday thru Thursday

Reviewed March 8, 2013

My wife and I ate there twice on our honeymoon since we enjoyed it so much the first time.
This trip only once, but the service and food were excellent.
My wife's steak was served perfect, mine had been a little too well done for my liking, and upon noticing it, our waiter immediately ordered me another which was brought out very promptly, on a new serving tray fully complimented with a new potato and vegatables.
The manager appologized, though un-necessessary, and provided us with a complimentary desert as well. First class.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Of the 5 of us, I think that I was the only one that wasn't pleased with my meal & didn't think that it was worth the money. I ordered the special (steak with peppercorn sauce) and it was quite tough. Happy Hour had 1/2 price wine on some bottles, which was good. We all liked the atmosphere. Very cozy.