“Excellent Service, food was just OK”

Stonewood Grill & Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Stonewood Grill & Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 211 Restaurants in Ormond Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Looking for the best seafood and steaks in Florida? Experience polished casual dining at your local Stonewood Grill & Tavern restaurant, part of the Stonewood Holdings family of restaurants.
Reviewed November 30, 2012

On November 28, we were part of a group of 16 having the Holiday special dinner offer, I cannot say enough about our server, Steven, who made sure everyone was taken care of and handled our group by himself. The happy hour price on wine is a good deal. When the meals were carried out, he took each plate to the person who ordered it without asking who got what. I always find that excellent, compared to some other restaurant servers who can't remember who got what when there are two of us. On to the meals. I had the rack of lamb, ordered between rare and medium rare. It was served almost raw, not rare and had to be sent back. My wife's fillet was tasteless and almost dried out but she did not send it back. I still don't get the pretzel style with salt rolls and wish they would go back to real bread and better rolls. Some of the other people also agreed the food was ok, not the quality that this restaurant used to have when it first opened. I just don't think the value was there for a hundred dollar night for two people. However we will return because part of the offer was everyone receiving gift certfiicates towards a future visit. But we won't be ordering lamb or fillets.

1  Thank norme-ormond
Write a ReviewReviews (1,029)

Reviewed November 26, 2012

The good and the bad...

The drink specials in the bar were awesome! Bartender was awesome! VERY FRIENDLY!

HOWEVER...We were not impressed at all with the poor service from the ditzy waitress. The waitress was not friendly or even caring. She was not knowledgeable about the menu or the wine list. She was acting like she was in outerspace!

The food was not impressive- cold and undercooked. The waitress had a major attitude about us mentioning that the food was cold.

I will have to say the manager was mortifed when I made him aware of the situation, and the attitude of his waitress. He apologized over and over again.

We are willing to give it a 2nd shot....but believe me, I will make sure that waitress is not waiting on us!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Some friends we had not seen in a while came to visit. We shared snacks, wine and good conversation. We had talked about going out to dinner and recommended Stonewood. While none of us were starved, we still wanted some dinner.

Without a reservation, we arrive and the parking lot is FULL.
We have a 20-minute wait on a weekday night.

Anyway, no one wanted alcohol or appetizers. 3 of 4 chose the "smaller" portions offered on the main menu. Unless you are petite, you may not want some of them if you are hungry.

Pot roast and seafood were the choices selected and enjoyed. The Mediterranean topping on seafood was proclaimed a winner. I don't like seared tuna, but well-done on a small piece was a bit too much.

Service was very good, attentive and not pushy...especially because we did not run up the bill with appetizers and drinks.

Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

We were throughly impressed with this restaurant. It was quite busy the night we went so we chose to sit in the bar area. What an experience. The waiter was fantastic. He was very friendly and made you feel comfortable during the entire time. The food was outstanding. I had the Lamb Chops. They were cooked perfectly an the rest was magnificent. My wife had the Petite Fillet and was more than happy with it.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Had dinner recently at S & W Grill located in the Sunset Harbor Conference Center on Ballough Rd. Complimentary valet parking was a perfect start to the evening. A window table afforded us a perfect view of the Halifax River and Mason Ave. Bridge. Wait staff very friendly and knowledgeable about menu. Great Service. Food was great. Our friend had the Cedar Plank Salmon and said it was the best he had ever eaten. Wasabi Sea Bass was delicious and not hot as the name Wasabi would make you think. Everything was just great. We will be regular visitors of this newly opened member of the Stonewood group of restaurants.

2  Thank msaxton188