“Boycott Stonewood at Heathrow”

Stonewood Grill & Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Stonewood Grill & Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 209 Restaurants in Ormond Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Looking for the best seafood and steaks in Florida? Experience polished casual dining at your local Stonewood Grill & Tavern restaurant, part of the Stonewood Holdings family of restaurants.
Reviewed March 11, 2008

This is the email I have sent to the 200+ local people in my address book. Plus I am active in a million dollar plus community within 1 mile of Stonewoods at Heathrow, FL, and I intend on doing a 'restaurant review' there.
You be sure and tell Amy and Lindsay,...good job...there...

Hello,
You know me, call me to meet, and I choose Stonewoods.
Well, no more.

It was bound to happen. First the service goes downhill, and it has been, slowly but surely. And the management, as in three take out orders in a row, over a month, they forgot the chicken in my chicken salad. Their resolution? "Tell us next time you're in and we'll make sure you get chicken on your salad."
Gee? really?

6 pm, maybe ten till, on a Tuesday....I look around for the party I'm meeting....not there...so I ask for a table for 6. There are 3-5 tables in the main dining room, which would seat 2-4.5 people, and 5 booths in the bar, which would seat 6 small people, which we are not, plus two large tables on the bench wall in the bar. I am told I have a 25 minute wait.

What about the tables in the bar, they seat 6, we'll eat there...NO, they are reserved for SEVEN people.
I look again. Incredulous, I look a second time. Indeed, there are seven menus on the tables. The seventh "person" would be sitting on the bench between the tables, with no table in front of them mind you, but alas, there are seven menus. I point this out. Sorry, seven people only.

I explain, that I am here, regularly, and if they tried to stick seven of us at that table we would refuse. We wouldn't fit.

Sorry, that table is reserved for parties of seven.

SEVEN people wont' fit there. I have a party of six. I am a regular. I know your menu by heart. We are big eaters, Bigger drinkers.

That table is for seven people only.

On my way to Dexter's, to meet my party, which had by now, ironically grown to seven, I call the manager of Stonewoods. Or the pretend- manager-waitress-friend-of-the-12 year old hostess, and explain the situation, which of course, her friend the hostess had filled her in on and she apologized that they did not have a table for us at this time, and I refuted, you had TWO tables for us, but your silly reserved rule wouldn't seat us...and guess what, that means you're in trouble as a restaurant, if seating 7 vs 6 makes such a difference in your bottom line, that you can turn away the 6....then you're in trouble as a restaurant, and I will gladly spread the word.

And by the way, take my business elsewhere.

Dexter's pulled tables together for us outside, and then when it looked like rain, suggested we move inside, and re-set a table for us. They were busier than Stonewood's and yet, had time for customer service.
Go figure.

I will never meet you at Stonewood's again. Choose elsewhere.

2  Thank JensNC
Write a ReviewReviews (1,009)

Reviewed November 30, 2007

I love the atmosphere here. Its a great place for a date! The food is good as well as the service. Very classy....

Reviewed November 28, 2007

great place for dinining and wining variety of gourmat plates,love the lamp cutlets
and thier horderves ,exquiste taste good chef..

Reviewed November 21, 2007

They have great Lamb!! very great atmosphere.

Reviewed October 26, 2007

The selection and quality of food is very good. The bar is top shelf and the service is always friendly and helpful. I would almost rate it excellent but that puts it in a class with "world class" restaurants. It is as good as it gets in the Daytona area, and there are some good restaurants in town. Highly recommended. Call ahead.