“Service is excellent !”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Description: Half Restaurant. Half Store. All Country
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My family and I ate here on a regular day for dinner looking forward to the daily specials but I decided to go a little bit more adventurous so i tried out the Fried Chicken Liver with brown rice and steak fries on the side. However one of my chicken livers weren't cooked thorough, it was still a little pink. I didn't complain because I didn't want to waste the entire plate. Once we were done eating the waitress noticed it and immediately went to the manager, The manager apologized and EVEN asked if I would like another plate. I politely declined and they still insisted on giving us cinnamon apples which I thought was a very generous gesture. I was amazed by the service.

The food is nothing amazing but very heartwarming. It adds perfectly to the old country atmosphere that gives you warm nostalgia even if you didn't grow up in such a place. The restaurant atmosphere and its service makes you feel at home. Also you have a peg board you can play with your family to entertain yourselves.

They also have a store located at the entrance of the restaurant so before you even get to be seated, you have to walk through shelves filled with candies, baubles, classic american goods and other interesting stuff. Good marketing strategy I might say but I honestly think that most of the stuff are overpriced but if you're looking to buy someone a gift you can definitely stop by. Just don't look above the ceiling and see the crazy stuff hanging above you. I found it weird.

if you are looking for a wonderful atmosphere, top notch service, and hearty food this is the place to be. All in all, Cracker barrel is an amazing experience and I would definitely come back here anytime.

There are newer reviews for Cracker Barrel

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The service is always excellent at this Cracker Barrel. I have zero complaints. However, eating here on a regular basis is never consistent. Tonight's meal was less than average but it wasn't the server's fault and we were very hungry so didn't want to complain. The sweet potato was either old or overcooked or both, the carrots were mushy as in overcooked or leftovers. The corn muffins were overcooked or leftovers. For dinner at 6pm, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a tasty, fresh meal. Once in awhile, the food is good on all counts. That is the exception. We keep trying. The breakfast menu is always good so go with that to be sure you get a good meal.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

If you are hungry this is your place. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, they will fill you with heartwarming food. And the service is good too.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We ate here for Easter dinner and as always everything was Good ! Our waiter was very nice and took care of everything we needed

Reviewed March 17, 2013

First, I would like to make this clear...Craker Barrel does what it does and it does it well. It is important not to expect to much from Cracker Barrel as they are a Southern Cooking chain restaurant and they are not interested in fresh healthy well prepared food.

My husband who will eat anything loves it!!

I have dietary restrictions so I asked the server about ingredients in a dish. She responded by saying "I've never heard of that". She said she had worked there for four years and had never heard of that. I wanted to say "After four years you should know what is in the food".

I had to tell her to go find out by asking her manager. She returned assuring me the dish did not contatin the ingredients I asked about. So, I ordered it.

By a stroke of luck the manager stopped by the table and I asked him. He said indeed the ingredients WERE in the dish and that the server had not asked him a specific enough question. We changed the order and the manager said he would take care of it.

When the food arrived at the table they gave me the original order...then the server came by , grabbed the plate and blamed her manager for not following through in the kitchen.

The manager returned with a new plate and this time the eggs were over easy and chopped up instead of scrambled( like I ordered them).

Needless to say I lost all confidence and appetite, so I returned the order and left without eating.

Most people will love Craker Barrel .

If you have dietary restrictions , like your eggs to be prepared as you order them and expect competent staff it is not a friendly place for you.