“Customer”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Love the food would recommend to friends and family.i would also recommend to people I meet that are here on vacation ,one of the best meals I've had.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

We were staying in Ormand-By-The-Sea and decided to eat out. Went driving north on Ocean Shore Blvd., looking for something that spoke to us; something that was not a chain and something that was not loud with Daytona Beach overflow. There was Betty's A1A Café. Parking lot was packed. That speaks to repeat customers, right ? Supposed to be home cooking at it's best. So we parked and went in. There were people waiting. We asked how long it would be and the hostess - an older lady with a growl worthy of Kathleen Turner said "Got no idea! Won't be long!"

Okaaaay. So we sat down and read the chalk menu which advertised the best hand-cut, hand-battered onion rings in the world. So maybe things were looking up. Service was efficient and waitress was very nice. Can't blame the food on the service staff. And the food had a lot of blame. Oh man, this was poor food. My friend had a burger. Looked sad there on the plate. I had the fettuccini pasta and we ordered a plate of the world-famous onion rings. The fettuccini was SO bad that the waitress even noticed that it looked like a lump of white paste. (WHY would you use thin spaghetti for alfredo sauce ?) It looked so bad, she took it back to the cook to show him and then took the cost off the bill. That was nice. She should have taken the onion rings off, too. World famous ? I don't think so. Hand-cut ? Probably. But not with a steady hand and not with the requisite thick slices you need to hold up to a batter and deep frying. Hand-battered ? Maybe, but since the slices were so thin, the batter fell off the tiny little onion bits. And on top of it all, they were tasteless!!!!!

To add insult to injury, we both felt queasy after dinner.

I'm seeing others had a better experience here. Maybe it was a bad night. I don't know, but "A1A" became our code for "bad."

2  Thank Jagghagg
Reviewed June 16, 2014

My teenage granddaughter said, that was the best New England Clam Chowder, she had ever had!!! I had a shrimp dinner.....it was real good, but the cole slaw was very bland, no dressing, it was like cut cabbage with nothing else!! Two people in my party of 10 had the haddock fish and both of them said they wished they had got something else, the fish was tasteless, very bland, it had no seasoning...not sure I will never go back.....sorry, Betty's

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Our family tried Betty's for the first time, and we were not disappointed. We all ordered different entrées and every one was delicious. The entire group agreed we would definitely go back! My h7sband did want sweet tea which was not available--only served raspberry tea.

1  Thank Cathy R
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We had not dined here in two or three years but went with a group of seven people on a Friday, June 6, 2014. The restaurant was very busy and almost full. Some of the entrees ordered were: rib eye steak, fried halibut, broiled mahi mahi and liver & onions. Most of the food was very good but not excellent. The service was excellent. There was no outside dining but we were able to see the Atlantic Ocean through the window from our table.