“New England Betty in Ormond Beach”
Review of Betty's A1A Cafe

Betty's A1A Cafe
Ranked #7 of 209 Restaurants in Ormond Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed December 26, 2013

For several years, Betty's Cafe has been our very favorite lunch spot. Never turn down soup of the day - unique yet always delicious! Love the blackened mahi mahi, broiled cod and veggie sandwiches. And, best french fries - period! Save room for generous deserts - banana delight is appropriately named. Wait staff is always ready with a smile and good service. Some days, you might even see Betty greeting her customers.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

If you are anywhere near the Daytona Beach area, this is a must visit place. I had a generous portion of grilled sea-food that was just delicious. They bill themselves as serving genuine New England style fare. Tere were many tables occupied by families with children. The staff is very friendly and seemed dedicated to making my visit enjoyable. It is like visiting a friend's house and dining. A glass of house wine capped my meal as did the $1,000,000 view. I like to eat "healthy" so I can report that their menu qualifies. I'll definitely be back.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

First off, Betty's is NOT open for breakfast. Beyond that, everything previously mentioned about their burgers is absolutely true. We ate there mid afternoon on a Sunday, and I can honestly say you would be hard pressed to find a better hamburger anywhere, let alone in Ormond Beach!

Asked for our waitress's, Sam, opinion, on salad dressing. She recommended the Creamy Italian,,right on! She also recommended their firecracker sauce as well as their creamy horseradish to accompany the absolutely done to perfection onion rings. And this gal definitely knows what she is talking about!

With an 8 ounce burger, we didn't have room for the tasty looking desserts, but we WILL return!

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Been in Ormond Beach since September 20TH and have eaten in a lot of restaurants in the area and had quite a few meals however the "Feature " Entrée at Betty's A1A tonight by far was the very best meal I have eaten to date. The meal included Lobster, shrimp, & scallops over a bed of pasta with just a dash of Cajun spices not too spicy just right. This meal should be added to the daily menu it is truly that good. Hats off to the cook and the owner for this delicious meal.

1  Thank Grampie01
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Friends took us to Betty's an insisted we have a burger and onion rings as they're the best to be found. They didn't exaggerate! All the burgers of various levels of doneness were done perfectly, condiments and toppings fresh and tasty and the O rings are absolutely killer! This meal was so good I returned a few weeks later solo and ordered the same. I was disappointed. The burger was overdone and the onion rings weren't *quite* as good. It was very busy and I suppose the cooks were swamped. I'll return but probably avoid the more crowded weekends and special event crowds.