“Cleanest Cafe Ever!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Right across the street from the beach, this place was spotless! After a visit to the impressively clean bathroom, I started to look more closely in other areas. It is obvious that the owner takes pride in keeping this place clean. I was determined to find some dirt but couldn't! I had no choice but to wipe my finger across the baseboards....and not a speck of dirt (Anthony Melchiorre rubbing off on me!). As much salt that blows in from the beach, the windows were spotless! Loved the framed newspapers in the men's room - JFK dead, men land on moon, Dale Earnhardt killed in crash, etc. Oh yeah, this place sells food!We were happy with the pleasant service and good food. Very fast, very hot, and very attentive staff. A definite return when we are back in the area - highly recommended!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,007)

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Good fresh seafood. Well prepared. Tasty. The servers were very nice helpful & courteous. There were 5 of us & we all enjoyed our diners. This was the 2nd time visiting this week. Enjoyed both times.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We have been here several times over the past 5 years and it has always been good. This is a local diner north of Ormond Beach. It is worth the short drive. The fried seafood and seafood pasta are great. The service is friendly. Betty came by to thank us for visiting. Save room for dessert - the pies are killer.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed in a nearby condo for Biketoberfest and were looking for somewhere close by to eat during our first night stay. My i-phone indicated this restaurant was less than a ½ mile away. The restaurant is located right across the street from the beach with a great view and a nice breeze. The inside is nicely decorated with lots of various collections. The collections will keep your eyes busy while your food order is being cooked. Service and food were very good, and the prices are reasonable. I would visit this restaurant again with lots of choices to choose from.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stopped here because of the trip advisor reviews. What a great place. I haven't had fried ipwich clams since I was in Boston 20 years ago. My husband got the seafood platter, and I tried one of his scallops, delicious. Its not easy to perfectly fry seafood and they do it. I also liked the "select two sides" option. The view is great. right across the street from the beach. Will be back up in the area next March. Can't wait to dine there again.

Been to Betty's A1A Cafe? Share your experiences!