“A HIT with my bunch”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Cookeville, Tennessee
“A HIT with my bunch”
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at a condo within walking distance of Betty's and all week our group thought about walking over to eat but each night a different restaurant won out. Finally, on our last night, we got around to Betty's. We're sorry we waited since it was our favorite meal of the week! Had we known it would be so good a second meal there would have been worked in, I'm sure. If you're looking for modern, hip decor, close your eyes. Though clean the place is decorated a bit like a knick-knack store (Betty must love angels and Elvis). Collectively we had haddock, hamburger, chicken, pasta and all were very good. A basket of homemade bread costs $1.00 but is well worth it and our waitress gave us free refills. The place was packed on a Friday night but the service was still good. A member of our party was celebrating a birthday and the staff made a HUGE deal of it with music, hats, and pom poms....plus a free dessert. Our overall bill was shockingly low for such a pleasurable meal. Additional note: they are closed on Tuesday

• Visited July 2013

Ormond Beach, Florida
“Awesome Portabella Sandwich & Clam Chowder”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

If you want a unique dining experience, I highly recommend Betty's A1A Cafe. They have the most delicious portabella mushroom sandwich and one of the best clam chowder soups on A1A. Coupled with a view of the ocean, quiet atmosphere, and some awsome murals on the walls, and you have a place not to miss when you are in town. Give them a try you won't be disappointed.

Visited June 2013
Salt Springs, Florida
“Seafood”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We started going to Betty's coming from New England they had good seafood. The sad part was the last 2 times it was just average. We will try again hoping for the best

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Ronald E
Summerville, South Carolina
“Better than expected”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

If you can not make up your mind when in Ormond Beach, Betty's is a good choice. We arrived early, glad we did, and were greeted warmly and seated right away. The staff are very friendly and helpful. We all had different items from the menu. I chose the special, meatloaf, and it was really good. My son had the steak tips and raved about them. My wife had the 1/2 seafood combo and could not eat it all (I helped). My daughter had the fried shrimp and did not leave a one. The Chocolate cake was some of the best I've ever had. We will be sure to make this one of the restaurants we visit during our stay in Ormond Beach.

• Visited June 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“The best food anywhere!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We had fish sandwiches and burgers...best burger I've ever tasted. Fish was excellent down to the tartar sauce and buttered bun...great potato salad and slaw...Everything is homemade. Don't miss it!

• Visited June 2013