“GOING BACK”

Ranked #10 of 209 Restaurants in Ormond Beach
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed August 17, 2014

A friend heard me talking about wanting crab legs and suggested Charlie Horse Restaurant in Ormond Beach. Normally we avoid eateries over on the beach because very few are decent and cater to unsuspecting out of state tourists.
But, not this one! Wow, was it ever good. We went last month and walked in at 5pm on a Saturday and waited about 10 minutes before we got seated.
Our server Lauren was pretty as a peach and sweet as cinnimon and made us feel quite welcome. She gave us a quick lesson on how to crack the crabs open andget to the delicious meat.
Fortunately I did not order the "all you can eat" selection becuase one cluster of those HUGE crabs along with soup, fries, bread and hush puppies quickly filled me up.
Get there before 6pm on weekends otherwise you will be in for a long wait.
Good bargain for the Daytona/Ormond area. Can't wait to go back!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,218)

Reviewed August 17, 2014

Excellent food and service! My husband had the Captains catch Ruben which was a fish filet fried with Cajun breading, melted cheese, coleslaw on grilled rye. I had the ribs which were great even though they don't specialize in ribs. They had a pretty decent wine selection and my husbands margarita was very good.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

Advertised as where the locals eat.

The staff were poor and showed not enthusiasm for there job, which is unusual in Florida

The food was average

Reviewed August 15, 2014

Went on Vacation to Ormond by the sea for vacation in July. Went to Charlie Horse restaurant twice while we were there. My wife and I had the fish and chips. My daughter had the wings. Everything tasted great and the prices were reasonable. It is a very popular restraurant, so be prepared to wait to be seated. But it is worth the wait. I would consider it to be one the best places to eat in the area.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Been in town 2 days and been here twice! Everything we try is great...chowder, wings, fries, mahi mahi, clams...all of it; even the staff. Might have to wait in the evening but it's worth it. Busy for a reason!