“Now I know why this place is so busy!”

Charlie Horse Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 222 Restaurants in Ormond Beach
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I asked the waitress why this place is always so busy and she said "consistent good food and service". She was so right. I had the fish sandwich, friends had a cheesesteak and other lunches. All well prepared and promptly served. This is not a fancy place, but you will find it packed with locals who know a good deal when they find it. Lots of families with multiple generations. A group of high school guys. Couples. All were here for the good food and service. Visitors make this a must do on every visit to town.

LDupree, Owner at Charlie Horse Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to write a nice review.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,285)

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Had dinner there with my wife. The food was really good - I got the chicken wings and ribs with fries and my wife got the crab legs. Service was great - our server took the time to wash his hands and show my wife how to crack the crab legs open. Drinks were reasonably priced. Everyone was very friendly!

Thank you for the good review. Glad you enjoyed everything.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

We had to wait roughly a half hour for a table, and it's a little pricy, but it was well worth it. Excellent staff. Excellent atmosphere. And, quite possibly the best steak that I've ever eaten. I rarely give 5/5 to anyone. This restaurant deserves every bit of it. A MUST stop if you're in the area.

We appreciate the nice review. Thank you!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Timely service and there was nothing to dislike. It was Disgustingly Good!! Will be returning to this place everytime I hit Daytona Beach.

Thanks for the good review!! See you next time!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Stopped to eat here on my way through Daytona Beach. Only place I used my Bank Card in this area. Got back to Tennessee and saw there was an additional charge for $200 from Daytona Beach Wal-Mart.
BEWARE - Use only cash here if you don't want this to happen to you.

3  Thank Fayetteville1

Read your review and it left me a bit confused. Did you leave your credit card at our restaurant? I am trying to figure out how someone would go to the Daytona Beach Wal-Mart and charge something without physically having your card. Or was the purchase made online?? I am also wondering why you never bothered to contact us, so we could review our surveillance and do our own investigation. This is a family owned restaurant, and in the 20 years we have owned it, NO ONE has ever had their cardholder information compromised, and I am pretty confident that yours was not compromised by anyone working here.

Been to Charlie Horse Restaurant? Share your experiences!