“If it is crab you are after, this is the place.”

Charlie Horse Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 208 Restaurants in Ormond Beach
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Great barroom atmosphere, relaxing and low key. Very busy on Fridays, Saturdays and special crab nights but the wait is never more than 45 minutes. The all you can eat crab is scrumptious and the waiters never let you wait long for your next dish. The appetizers are great as are the shrimp and the ribs. Don't wear you best clothes because it is messy and make sure the paper towel roll is full because you will need them. The regular fish orders are plentiful and the atmosphere is casual but celebratory.

There are newer reviews for Charlie Horse Restaurant

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Snow crabs, shrimp, crab bites, and fried clams were delicious. We didn't do all you can eat but the platters come with enough crab legs to make you feel that way. Definitely recommend to anyone visiting Daytona/Ormond beach.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We had checked it out on Trip Advisor and were very pleased. The crab was excellent. Our daughters ordered the regular order instead of the all you can eat and it was more than they could eat. The grilled fish was also excellent. We arrived about 5:30 and only waited about 20 minutes but the wait quickly grew to an hour or more. We would definitely return.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was in Daytona Beach for 3 nights. Had one night to go out for seafood and I wanted it to be great, After reading all the reviews I could find I decided that the Charlie Horse was the place to go for a great dining experience. Boy was I mistaken, The place is small, looks like it is stuck in a time warp from the early 70"s. Menu was very limited and the service was slow. I was served my all you can eat crab legs ( for which I stupidly paid $37.99) on a metal pizza pan. I plan on going back to Daytona in the near future but WILL NOT be going back to the Charlie Horse Restaurant.

1  Thank Teresa H
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Have been here many times and I always get the all you can eat crab legs. It may be pricey for that, but well worth it to me. I sat there for several hours eating. Writing this review makes me want some more now lol.