“Really good food and service”

Charlie Horse Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 212 Restaurants in Ormond Beach
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I'm spending a week in Ormond Beach and the Charlie Horse is essentially across the street. I had the crab legs appy and clam chowder. Both were excellent. There was plenty of snow crab and it was tender and succulent. My friend had the shrimp and snow crab dinner and she was equally pleased with her dinner. Our waitress was great and kept a good eye on our needs without being in out face too much. I was impressed when the hostess came close to our table to watch a gentleman with a walker get safely to his car. She said he had been a bit shaky because using the walker was new to him, and she wanted to make sure he got to his car ok. Definitely would go back

LDupree, General Manager at Charlie Horse Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you for the nice review. We appreciate it.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,240)

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Each year when we visit Ormond Beach, we pig out at this restaurant. The interior houses a bar and casual picnic tables - rustic interior. But the food is great!!!! We always opt for the all-you-can-eat crab legs. Delicious and served with 2 sides. Unfortunately the price has gone way up - around $38 a person for this dish, but it's worth it because they keep the plates coming as long as you wish, the legs are served hot/warm and the service is the best. Clean restrooms, great servers. Arline

LDupree, General Manager at Charlie Horse Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Thanks for the nice review!
Lori

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We had the all you can eat fish special and it was very good. The portion size was great except for the slaw which at best was about a tablespoon. The service was great and we enjoyed the place very much.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I was in Daytona Beach in late January for a buddies golf trip. We stopped at Charlie Horse Reataurant one evening after an afternoon round of golf. One of the guys had a pound of the steamed shrimp and I shared a pound with another buddy. We got ours with the Old Bay spice on it. The shrimp was nicely steamed. We had eaten steamed shrimp the previous two nights at the North Turn and these were better at Charlie Horse and were more reasonably priced.

For my entree I had the grilled mahi mahi with garlic red potatoes and slaw. It was very good and also reasonably priced. I got a piece of key lime pie to go, which was a let down. They put some kind of green syrup on the side which was way too sweet. The pie was not nearly as good as the key lime pie that I had eaten on my trip to the Keys in November. However, the steamed shrimp and the grilled mahi mahi made up for it though.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Ate here with a friend recently. I had the great 12 shrimp dinner while she ordered ribeye. I definitely made the better choice. Their seafood is great while the steak is just average. I would go again. Service was pretty good and it is not too expensive considering that it is just across the road from the beach.

1  Thank BettyM831