“Poor Meal”

Dining options: Reservations
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Poor Meal”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My wife and I stopped at 2:00 pm for a late Saturday lunch at this Outback which turned out to be the worst Outback meal that we have ever eaten at this chain. The restaurant was not crowded and now I know why. We ordered the 6 oz. Outback special steaks. The dining room was very cold with the a/c set way too low. I went out to our car and brought back sweatshirts for my wife and myself. Since we were seated close to the kitchen, we could hear a lot of horseplay going on between the kitchen staff. If the kitchen staff put half as much energy into the meal preparation as the horseplay that they were engaged in, the food might have been acceptable. The steak was tough, dry and overdone even though I had ordered medium which should have had a pink center. My wife's steak was only marginally better. I was waiting for a manager to come by so that I could give my feedback, but no manager stopped by our table. I would advise skipping this restaurant as all other Outbacks that we have ever eaten at have been very good.

• Visited January 2013

Ormond Beach, Florida
“great steaks!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

You can always count on a good meal at Outback. Great for a romantic night or with friends. Great drinks and great service.

Deerfield Beach, Florida
“Down Under Done Right”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is a well known franchise in the United States. You know what to expect in the quality of the food when you walk in. You know the menu when you walk in. What you don't know is the quality of the staff. The staff in Ormond Beach is top notch. The hostesses at the door were welcoming and pleasant. They set a good tone for a great meal. The wait staff are knowledgeable and pleasant. They were attentive and their when needed. We enjoyed our meal and will return. The only downside was while waiting in the outside waiting area there was smoking, which we find offensive in a restaurant setting.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Danny D
Orlando, Florida
“Consistently good”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

As far as mega chain middle of the road steak houses go, you cannot beat Outback. Their food might not be of the highest quality, but that's why they don't charge $50 a steak. You can count on always being given the same style of food (though cooking meat depends on the chef) and it is really good.

1 Thank Matthew K
Carriere, MS
“Expensive lunch”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We went there for lunch. My burger was ok. My husband had the foccocia sandwhich and it was better. The kids meal chicken was dry and they didn't like it at all.

1 Thank Maremare1998