“Can't wait to go back” 4 of 5 bubbles

Tomoka Brewery
Ranked #51 of 209 Restaurants in Ormond Beach
Cuisines: Bar, Pizza, Brew Pub, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Can't wait to go back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

First, let me start with the pizza....sublime!!! We've been a few times and try something new every time. So far we've had the Buffalo, Taco, Gourmet Goat, Bacon Cheeseburger pizzas. It's so nice to have options beyond the humdrum of pepperoni or "supreme". It shows the owners are really invested in providing great food and great beer.

Now on to the beer: Choices, choices, choices! Every time we go there are new choices. We love trying new beers when we go. Even better is that the bar is filled with fellow beer lovers who are very knowledgeable so we all sample around together.

Like I said, we love this place and I can't wait to get my fix for their pizza again soon.

• Visited September 2013

Ormond Beach, Florida
“Do not waste an outing!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Sadly we wasted a coordinated get together with friends at this new brew pub. The service was non existent, the expensive "specialty" pizza tasted terrible (only one bite taken), the owner was not interested in any constructive criticizm nor did he seem to care if our party of eight ever returned to give his place another try. Sad considering the amount of competition restaurants are up against. Won't be back!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Guitardo
“Good Pizza & Good Beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I echo the review of Facundo below - the service was a bit slow when they were busy (although the restaurant seats about 50?) and they need to lose the "sign on the iPad" thing when you pay- its a little cheapening to the restaurant. The Tomoka Brewery sign done in bottle caps behind the bar is great - the rest of the 1/2 done mural is not so great - stop painting it! The atmosphere is very white and unappealing. Ditch the Indian theme and just add some color and a cool vibe! (think House of Blues style) The pizza was really good and the beer I had was good too! I think with some time & working out the kinks this place could do well!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank OBgirl68
“We enjoyed it....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Despite being very busy when we went....we were able to get our drinks and food within a reasonable amount of time. The Pizza was great and just right! I am not a huge beer fan so I will not offer too many comments on that other than the beer I had was very light and refreshing. I will agree with the previous person that reviewed the brewery as needing to address some issues but our experience was a pleasant one and we will be returning. The only issue I feel that they need to address is getting more help at busy times...having said that being over staffed and overstocked far too often has lead to a failed business…I am confident that after sometime the owners will be able to find the equilibrium of supply and demand.

1 Thank Facundo T
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Sad to say, beyond disappointed.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

We have been anxiously awaiting the opening of this establishment. Coordinated a visit this evening with several friends to try it out. I do not want to belabor the point; in a nutshell, we won't be back. We ordered before two of our friends, as well as two other tables. They all received their orders, finished their meals, and we still had not received our order. Even though we asked our server about the status of our order and were told it was on it's way, we witnessed a conversation with the kitchen staff that our order had never been placed. We ordered one of their pizzas on the menu, nothing specialized. We then sat waiting for our pizza, while our server sat down at another patron's table, eating food off of their plate and chatting. The manager even told us it was on it's way. When we asked for a glass of water, half of our party received them in pint glasses, the others in tiny juice glasses ??? We were never asked if we wanted another drink and sat with our glasses empty for close to an hour. I realize that issues have to be worked through when an establishment is new, but that is not an excuse to be told untruths. All in our party have worked in restaurants at some point in our lives- we would NEVER have treated anyone so unprofessionally. The final kicker? We did not receive our change after we paid our bill that in my mind, should have been comped.

• 3 of 5 bubbles