“Standard food dissapointing”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Dissapointed because the Steakhouse ran out of steak. No Prime Rib? The special lobster with Prime Rib ended up paying more for lobster with anything else on the menu.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Ormond Steakhouse isn't the fanciest restaurant nor does it serve the best steaks around. What it is ... a reasonably priced place where you can get a good steak and good sides and walk out of there under 75.00 for two, with one of them, me, having two Vodka Gimlets.(14.00) .and him, dessert. My hubby and I like it when we just want a big old steak and baked (my favorite) potato or mashed potatoes without having to be all gussied up or use a valet Service is usually good.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

When I come back I will return to this restaurant. The service is excellent and the food especial the steacks. The place is clean and nice!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I'm amazed at the poor reviews of this steakhouse since I have never had a bad meal there.
I was warmly greeted, promptly seated, the waitress appeared right away and took our drink order.
The drinks were strong, our food arrived promptly, and was very good.
I do feel the place has slipped slightly since the current owners took over a while back. They need to freshen the place up and scrub/police the bathrooms better.
But I will try them again since I got decent-but not great-value for my money.

2  Thank HappyCamper32789
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I am very picky when it comes to food, picky as in I expect quality ingredients. I was hesitant to order a 23 dollar steak especially with the mixed reviews so I ordered a burger. Before ordering I asked our waitress if the meat was frozen or fresh, she assured me it was fresh. I ordered my burger medium and when it came to the table the outside of the patty was burned and the middle was completely raw. I could taste the freezer in the meat. Very disappointed. I think the best thing from our entire table was the bacon that was on top of my burger. We got the potato skins, mostly potato, like we got a loaded baked potato. Our bread was soggy and raw on the bottom of all the rolls, the clam chowder had frozen clams not fresh, my husbands steak was very pale in color and you could tell by the amount of water coming out of it that it too was frozen. Very Very upset. My husband kept saying on our ride home how disappointed he was with dinner and that we would never ever go back. It was a huge mistake and a waste of the $60 we spent!! Be warned, almost everyone in the place that was eating was over 60 which should have been our first sign to just walk away but we didnt.