“Authentic French croissants in Ormond Beach”
Review of The French Bakery

The French Bakery
Ranked #4 of 7 Bakeries in Ormond Beach
Cuisines: French
Description: Operated by Chef Jean Jenner & his wife Françoise, The French Bakery is an authentic French Bakery and pastry shop. Founded in 1984 under the name "La Gourmandise" the bakery has provided the finest French breads and pastries to the Greater Daytona Beach Area.
Lancaster, Ohio
“Authentic French croissants in Ormond Beach”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Sixteen years ago when we lived in Ormond Beach, my husband and I used to stop at this little French bakery after our days at the beach for cream puffs. When we moved up north, I missed this little place, but never dreamed that after all these years it would still be there. In July 2012, we brought our children to the beach where we lived as young newlyweds to share its charm with them. I was delighted that this little bakery is still in the same spot in the Winn Dixie shopping center on Granada. I spoke with the owner and she informed me that she has owned the bakery for 28 years after she and her husband moved here from France. It was nice to practice my rusty French with a native speaker.

We ordered butter croissants, cream puffs, and a strawberry-kiwi tart. They were just as wonderful as I remember and so authentic, like nothing I've tasted since the last time I was in France. I forgot to ask her specifically, but checked the website later and learned that everything is made on site, fresh daily. But I could have guessed from the taste.

Oh, and she places your order on a doily in a box wrapped with ribbon. Such a classy touch!

• Visited July 2012