“Great food and friendly service!”

Riptides Raw Bar & Grill
Ranked #12 of 208 Restaurants in Ormond Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We visited Riptides on our first night in Ormond Beach. We were tired and looking for someplace to get a quick bite to eat. It turned out to be a great choice. I ordered the Shrimp Po-Boy, my husband (not a seafood eater) got the prime rib, and my 12 year old ordered the fried grouper sandwich. We all enjoyed our meals very much. My husband and I both ordered a house salad and they were HUGE and delicious. We wanted dessert but by the time we finished our meals we were too full! I should also add that the server we had was particularly good with our children. My son had a hard time deciding what to get and she helped him out with options. My 2 year old daughter is somewhat picky and the server was able to find some good options for her as well. We will definitely be back the next time we are in Ormond! There are a lot more things on their menu I am looking forward to trying!

There are newer reviews for Riptides Raw Bar & Grill

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We expected the food offerings to be more " bar, pub-like", but were we mistaken. The menu was more reflective of a higher-class bistro with imaginative mixes in flavors and texture. We were a bit concerned when we walked in at lunchtime to find we were the only customers (maybe there is a reason?). But we don't usually leave a restaurant on that basis unless the place is dirty. The menu was extensive and we settled on splitting an appetizer and salad with a shrimp/avocado them. The shrimp avocado spring roll with a rum reduction glaze was like a grown-up fun food in a tube....a lot going on here and very tasty (although the avocado kept oozing out the end. The shrimp/avocado salad with cranberries and candied walnut (or were they pecans?) was exquisite and even ample when split.....great food.

Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

The helpings are huge for the money. That was nice. However the grilled Chicken was extremely dry. My daughter is the queen of chicken fingers and was less than impressed. The fried shrimp however was really good. My husband had a burger and said it was nothing special. We also had the black tip shark was was pretty good Service was quick and a nice family atmosphere.

1  Thank Christy C
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We visited the Riptide on October 23. The Riptide is not a fancy place, but the atmosphere is very open and comfortable. No question that you are at the beach as there is a large screen playing surfing movies at one end of the restaurant with the surfing conditions noted on a large chalk board on the wall. The portions are plentiful. Some dishes were very good, while others need improvement. There were three in our party. One person ordered a fish taco platter. Out came 3 large tacos, stuffed with fish. She said that they were very good. My girlfriend had the fried shrimp and scallop dish and she did not enjoy them. She said that there was too much breading and too little seafood to the point that all she tasted was breading. She felt that Hull’s fried shrimp was much better. I had a mixed grill of shrimp, scallops and steak. I got three large Kabobs plus a side. The kabobs were very good. The service was good and the prices reasonable. Because of the fried dish, I cannot rate this restaurant better than average. Because my girlfriend loves fried seafood, we will not likely return.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Our group made a meal out of the delicious appetizers. We had a coupon for a free shrimp appetizer and it was very good. The crab spring rolls and lobster bites were great. The coconut shrimp and calamari were good. The Bloody Mary's were awesome.

1  Thank DaydreaminginDenver