“Over cooked entrees”

Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Our appetizers were great. The riptide shrimp was fantastic and so were the oysters. We were completely surprised at the poor quality of the entrees. My wife and I were dining with another couple and we were all disappointed. The crab legs were over cooked, which often happens with all you can eat so no surprise there. My wife's mahi-mahi was over cooked for her taste which is tough to do since she likes her fish cooked longer than most people. My friends lobster tails were bland and tough. My fish was tough and the scallops were plain.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,661)

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We took the family to Riptides during the week for dinner. The food we ordered, which ranged from oysters to steak, was excellent but the price was high. For a family of 4 our bill was over $125 for dinner. We didn't order any cocktails or beer - that's just for sodas and food. Next time we'll try to find a more reasonably priced restaurant with great food. Chalk it up to experience. :)

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

We specifically went here for the all you can eat crab legs. They were very good ad not too expensive. Our waiter was a little slow and did not always hear or remember what we asked for.

1  Thank RainaWebb
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I'm going to be up-front. I still haven't had a meal I'm impressed with here (been here 2 or 3 times), but I think that's partially my fault. I've had the Mahi Colada, which was too fried and breaded (I expected a lighter fry and breading than I got), but was otherwise good. The Seafood Mornay was good, but extremely heavy and for the heaviness, I really was hoping for more flavor and depth out of it. The chicken nachos were pretty tasty. Oysters were huge and tasty, though I'm not exactly experienced with oysters, only having had them a few times prior.

Drinks and service are hit or miss, usually pretty good, but can both be a bit of a miss from time to time. As others have said, the deck would be better facing the ocean than lovely A1A and it can get quite crowded. Another thing to note is that if you're a United frequent flier or like to accrue miles, they're a part of the MileagePlus dining program and you can get extra (3 per dollar I believe) miles per dollar spent, which was a nice perk as my coworker and I fly United quite a bit.

Overall, fairly good value and you can find something you'll like on the menu. Very little, if anything, will blow you away, but it's by no means a bad place to eat. I'd give it a solid 4 stars, dipping down to 3 on their offnights.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Food, Service, Music all was amazing! Happy Hour Oysters can't be beat at 59 cents each. Only thing that could improve Riptides is if the deck faced the Ocean instead of A1A. Go early as it gets PACKED