“wonderful people”

The Maverick
dallas, ga
“wonderful people”
Reviewed May 22, 2008

I am a time share owner here and I can say nothing but good about them. I have been going every year for about 12 years and last year while I was there ( on fathers day) we got news from home that we had lost our father. They were wonderful to us with all the faxing and communication that we had to do from there to home and also lowered the flag outside in our dads honor. These people did not have to do these things but they did and were so consoling. Thank You Sooooo Much!!!

Stayed June 2007
1 Thank debbiedmpi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Tennessee
Reviewed September 17, 2007

The Maverick was great!! The resort has been remodeled. I got to stay in a newly remodeled room. It was nice and clean. The decor was quaint, calming, and romantic. The kitchenette was small but all you need. Every thing was new. The balcony facing the ocean was the best thing. The bed was comfortable. The staff was very nice and helpful. The pool was nice and nice chairs for sunbathing with the ocean right in front of you. The restaurant looked good, but I didn't take time to eat there. I heard others complimenting it though. I absolutely enjoyed everything about the Maverick. I will go back any time I can. It's a great place.

Stayed September 2007
6 Thank val609
Tennessee
Reviewed July 6, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Maverick for our honeymoon. We were a little scared because of some of the bad reviews but it was great. The hotel wasnt wonderful, but definately not bad. The ocean view will make everything worth it. The staff were odd, but nice and helpful. I would reccomend staying there!

• Liked — The ocean view and the pool was pretty nice and it was large.
  • Disliked — The staff seemed un trustworthy. If that makes sense.
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank mrsKtennessee
orlando fl
Reviewed March 1, 2007

We live in orlando fl , an travel over to the daytona beach area once or twice a month and stay with our kids .
we had driven by the maverick on more than one weekend . the marquee read october 06 ,witchs stop in for free broom . the next month it asked the question ,, trouble with tribbles ... we where over alone in february the sign read , first be the flame not the moth.... we laughed and said we must try this place .
upon check in you could tell the place had seen better days , the staff reminded me of the english broading houses we would go to in the summers, like you were famliy even though they had never lad eyes on you before .
you could a great deal improvements going on everwere in the resort.
The room was just remodeled in vintage 1950's travel style it was Great!!! not at all what thought we were getting . it was a romance of the past . not like day with hurry up an get there an hurry home. After meeting the manager (everone calls captin) at the sunday morning breakfast in the restaurant where he was sevring and humor we knew we had found our weekend home . maybe next time we will use what looked a great pool .

Sometime great things come odd packages !!!!

Stayed February 2006
9 Thank beback1
Franklin, OH
Reviewed January 27, 2007

I loved my stay at the Maverick...the staff is wonderful, the restaurant's food is excellent and while I was there, I was invited to see one of the newly renovated units...all I can say is WOW...It's gorgeous! Once the renovations are complete, the resort will be a showplace. I can't wait to see it next year!

Stayed January 2007
3 Thank brookmansgirl
Bayville, NJ
Reviewed December 14, 2006

My children and I stayed at the Maverick Resort for five days and had a wonderful time. The rooms, while older, are getting an updated Tuscany makeover. The kitchen is very nice with a new refrigerator and stove. We utilized the bed and pullout sofa bed, which for a sofa bed, was not too bad and there were plenty of warm blankets for everyone. The pool area is clean and huge. They have activities going on everyday for their guests.

Management was friendly and accomodating. I can not think of anything bad to say. You can see they are actively updating the facility, area by area. The view was the best part of the whole place. Every morning, we got up and had our coffee out on the balcony over looking the ocean. You can not beat the location, you are right in the middle of one of the nicest areas of Florida. We will definitely stay there again in the future.

• Liked — view
  • Disliked — elevators
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank tonste
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed November 7, 2006

I arrived approx. 2:30 am, me and my family were tired and cranky. We were greeted by "Shannon" who was from Australia, and new how to deal with my husband who had driven most of the way. she offered a warm greeting, all the right solutions, and made the kids laugh. she had us checked in and on our way up to our room in under 3 minutes. she has obviously been taught a thing or two about how a customer should be treated. I have read the other reviews and am sorry I do not agree with them. I was told when I arrived by shannon, if I had any problems or needed anything, that there was someone at the desk 24/7 and not to hesitate to call on them, because that is what they are there for. later on in our trip, this came in handy. The smell in the rooms is not the AC or anything at all actually to do with the room or hotel, it is florida that uses recycled water in their sprinkler systems outside and the smell I have to say is very bad. but it is only in the mornings before the sun rises once the sun is up it smells nice. the rooms are clean, tiled, and offer a wonderful view. the private balcony was the key point. I promise you, the view from any normal room at the maverick is spectacular! it is quiet and more of a home atmosphere. the hallways are outside and the fire escapes are located next top the sprinkler systems so I advise taking the elevator. the cafe diner that serves breakfast and lunch is great! you can sit and watch the sunrise on their patio on the beach while eating Home cooked style food. I have stayed in fancy up scale crown resorts and I have stayed in nasty run down ones. maverick in one of the top five because, I came for R&R, to enjoy a well needed vacation with a view that would take my breath away. is it a 5 star ? no but when it comes to making you feel like you are V.I.P they know their stuff. REMEMBER IT IS AN OLDER HOME STYLE RESORT! NOT A FANCY IMPERSONAL ONE ! the maverick greets you with a smile and a "hi how are ya" instead of " hello how may I be of assistance today" like some employee programed video talking to you. try it, enjoy it and if you can't sleep! take a trip to the front desk and tell shannon I sent ya

Mary W (Beverly Hills, Ca)

Stayed October 2006