“Not fancy, but not ghetto.”

Ocean East Resort Club
Nova Scotia, Canada
“Not fancy, but not ghetto.”
Reviewed July 20, 2007

I was at Ocean East during March Break with my parents and my fiance. I have to say, it was nice to have a vacation where I didn't have to eat out every night, so I truly did enjoy the kitchenette it came with.
Being from Canada during March, this was PARADISE compared to the flurries that were happening back home. That being said, note to travellers....DON'T GO TO DAYTONA DURING BIKE WEEK!!
Unless you are a bike (Harley etc) rider yourself and enjoy that lifestyle during you're vacation, by all means, do what you want. But honestly, you cannot sleep nor can you feel SAFE on you're vacation when you are surrounded by bikers.
Apart from that, the location is good. Still on a busy road, but lots of restaurants and civilization nearby. Right on the beach, so we had a great view (well, apart from the fact that we were on the ground floor next to where all the bikes were parked.) All in all, a decent trip.

• Liked — The kitchenette, Pool, Ocean View
  • Disliked — The service
  • Stayed March 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank sarah_awake

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Rockmart, Georgia
Reviewed April 24, 2007

We are owners at this resort, and have been since 2002, we really enjoy going there. Everyone at the resort is very helpful. We have met a lot of really nice people there that have been owners for a lot of years,this and the view from the balcony and the pool area helped us to make our decision to buy there. It is true the murphy beds are BAD!!,We keep hoping they will change this and put more comfortable beds in the rooms.We will continue to go to this resort.

Stayed April 2006
4 Thank vlm2007
Brockville, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed January 26, 2007

I have been staying at this resort for 2 weeks in February every year since I was a baby. I can't say enough about it. Everything is so clean. The pool and jacuzzi are amazing. Easy access on and off of A1A. Great view from the rooms. The penthouse suites are huge with a large balcony. They are constantly making upgrades. They even have a ping-pong table! I will be staying here for years to come.

• Liked — Jacuzzi
  • Stayed February 2005, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank scoobydoo3000
Reviewed July 14, 2006

I absolutely love Ocean East. I'm 17 and i have been going there every summer for four years, my good friends family owns a time share. I have met life long friends in this resort and the family atmoshpere is fabulous. When I'm older i am definitly going to consider buying a time share at Ocean East.

• Stayed July 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 19, 2006

Our family has been meeting at Ocean East Resort for the past 12 years.
Everyone is so friendly - both the guests and the staff.
there are so many activies - are family could not fit them all in!!

• Stayed June 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed May 24, 2006

Ocean East is one of the early "conversions" from motel to time-share condo on Daytona Beach. This explains why some rooms are quite small.

Ocean East is a time-share condo in which many owners allow the management to rent out their units rather than actually staying there.

I own, but seldom use, a one-bedroom beachfront unit which I consider excellent. The reason I seldom use the unit is that I often exchange it through RCI and actually use units in other areas of the country.

A while back I decided that I wanted to visit Ocean East, but I had put up my week for exchange. I did an "internal exchange" and was given a street side "studio" with a Murphy bed.

NEVER AGAIN!!!

The Murphy bed was incredibly uncomfortable and the sofa bed was even worse. My wife and I became so disgusted with the unit that we finally left a few days early.

If you are offered a unit with a Murphy bed - RUN AWAY. They are terrible!!!

Other units are quite nice.

The facility is well run.

• Stayed March 2004
4 Thank Carl S
Walter N, General Manager at Ocean East Resort Club, responded to this review, June 5, 2015
While this is an older review I wanted to point out to everyone that since this posting we have upgraded our beds. The murphy beds all have new mattresses, much thicker and softer. The sofa has been replaced and most of our guests say that the sofa sleeper is as nice and comfortable. We have also upgraded the appliances in the units and we have done all we can to keep the older building up to date.
Reviewed May 2, 2006

We recently spent a few days at this resort in an "efficiency" room. It was a glorified closet and not very glorious. Had a murphy bed that could have passed for a concrete slab and a pull out sofa with a 1" mattress that had seen its best years. Ended up spending $200 on an inflatable bed and pillow top. Chairs in living area were equally hard and uncomfortable. Unit was not overly clean as there was hair on the bathroom floor and in the tub drain. Door knob in bathroom was broken so that if you went in and shut the door you could not get out unless someone let you out. They fixed that quickly. Pool was nice but no shade for lounging chairs only for tables. Wouldn't stay there again.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#7 of 28 in Ormond Beach
Makai Beach Lodge
Makai Beach Lodge
#21 of 28 in Ormond Beach

Been to Ocean East Resort Club? Share your experiences!