“Beautiful home, lots of history explained!”
Review of The Casements

The Casements
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We took a tour with a docent and enjoyed it very much. The house was extravagantly decorated for Christmas and it was fun just seeing that, but the docent really made the history behind the home come to life. She told of how John Rockefellar came to purchase the house and there were many pictures with notable people, like Thomas Edison and Henry Ford. For us it was a great place to spend a gloomy day and it rained while we were in the house - when we left the sun was shining and we enjoyed walking around the garden across the street right on the Halifax River.

There is no fee to tour the home, but they do have a free-will donation box which we used. It is a beautiful home, lovingly restored and now used as sort of a community center for dance classes, cooking classes, weddings, etc.

1  Thank KTSunny
There are newer reviews for The Casements

Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Whether to watch a movie or to just sit and enjoy the peacefulness of the water the Casements ALWAYS deliver!

Reviewed December 24, 2012

I visited the casements early this december.I enjoyed the seasons decorations in and outside
the house,the trip on the horse carriage and the surroundings facing the river. At this season
you can buy hand made goodies ,cookies,ornaments among others.

What i like the most is the beautiful christmas tree at the very center of the living room.
This house was Mr.John Rockefellers winters home and in it he died.
You can see Mr. Rockefeller around.(there is a man dressed like him and tall as he was.)

I visit the house several times a year for the different activities held there and I always
fill the peace and quiet the place offers.

1  Thank luz s
Reviewed December 9, 2012

The home was decorated beautifully for the Christmas holidays which makes it even more interesting. We joined a docent lead tour but left early as it took longer than we expected. The guide talked and talked. I am sure a lot of people appreciated all her stories but we had other places to go. We did tour the rest of the house on our own and loved all the photos on the walls. I would recommend that you make a point of visiting the Casements if you are in the area.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

My husband and I found this docent led tour very interesting. Not only did we learn about his personality but how he used golf to stay in shape, gave to those who had little, and totally enjoyed living in Ormond Beach. His story is an interesting one as well as the history of the house. My hats off to the Casement Guild for keeping his story alive and sponsoring events for the community. I can see why he chose this laid back area to live.

1  Thank Parisbyday2