“Yuck, will not return.”

China Taste
Ranked #140 of 208 Restaurants in Ormond Beach
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

We went here for take out dinner. I ordered the bourbon chicken and my wife had General Tso chicken. It was a huge disappointment. It seemed like the grease/oil they used was rancid. One bite of the egg roll and something was off. It smelled horrible. The bourbon chicken did not look or taste right either. Even the general Tso, which is hard to mess up was bland. Even the fried rice was bad. This is one 'taste' I can do without.

4  Thank Mojofishing
There are newer reviews for China Taste

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We are doubly blessed to have the best Chinese take-out so close to our home, but we'd travel "across the bridge" to go there if we had to. Our litmus test is the Fried Rice, and these folks make it just right!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We wanted some Chinese food quick take out. The lady was pleasant. Place could be remodeled, but maybe not many people actually eat in. The food we had was good.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Names can be deceiving... For example, including the word "Taste" in the name of a restaurant whose food has no taste - ah ha! Clever!
We were excited at this addition to the Ormond Beach restaurant scene. It looked like a quick place to pick up a good meal to bring home and eat. But NO - the food was super bland - what little taste it had tasted yucky.
And someone (a cook I presume) was standing in the kitchen (open to the front counter area) SMOKING. Now I am no health department official, but smoking in the kitchen seems like a no no to me... Disgusting.
Fool me once - shame on you. We won't be going back.

3  Thank PriusGirlVA
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We carried out four meals that were well packaged. We found the pork fried rice was excellant and standard with your meal. We got General Chou Chicken with an egg roll. The chicken was very good and the egg roll just fair. All together good food at a fair price.