“Awesome trip!”

Coral Sands Inn & Seaside Cottages Ormond Beach
michigan
“Awesome trip!”
Reviewed April 20, 2009

We travel every year to Florida during Easter Vacation. We had to wait until the last minute to book our hotel this year because of my son and school sports. I couldn't beleive the price of our rooms I thought it would turn out to be a dive. I was very pleasantly surprised with how well maintained everything was. Traveling with two teenage boys the kitchen was a lifesaver. They could eat anytime the wanted. I would come back to this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank sw43

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed April 11, 2009

I booked this trip blindly and went completely off of the comments written on this website! Ormond Beach is just north of Daytona-- there is no driving on the beach there, which is good and it's close enough to but just far enough away from the "crowd" of Daytona Beach.
So the hotel... It was Spring Break and our room had a king and large and actually comfortable pull-out sofa and was ocean-front with a view :) Average price per night we paid was about $99/night- which I thought was really cheap and kinda worried me about what I would find when I got theere, but I was pleasantly surprised. I went with my friend who is a single mom and her two kids who are 8 and 4 yrs old respectively. Other reviews on here said the room was small, but it was actually fine. The bed was comfortable, kitchenette was nice and I liked the fact that it came with dishes/silverware and even dish soap! The building is not the most attractive from the outside, but it was fine. I would've preferred a separate porch/balcony for drying suits and towels and putting out sand toys, but we made it work. The decor in the room was normal. Really the only thing I found lacking was the bathroom. The sink was more like a pedestal sink and had no room for bathroom stuff... there was a hair dryer attached to the wall, which was fine, but there were no other plugs for hair appliances. There was no exhaust fan so it got a little steamy! Water pressure was bad and the tub had a rusty water leak which got on the little girls white bathing suit that we hung over the tub. These things were all minor, however and we just dealt with it! The beach was nice. They have free Adirondack chairs (they could use some more). These disappear quickly. You can rent a Cabana with 2 lounge chairs for $20/day. If you're going to stay on the beach all day, that might be worth it, but I kinda just wished they had more adirondack chairs. Overall, place was nice and cheap- much better than I thought it would be! I would definitely return. Thanks for a great vacation!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank AnneUchtman
Lake Wynonah PA
Reviewed April 3, 2009

We rented a cottage. I thought I had reserved 2 bdrm 2 baths. I needed to ask their definition of bdrm. I wanted a bdrm with a door; not a lvg rm bdrm. So it wasn't perfect but I should have known because of the decent rate that I wasn't getting 2 "bdrms". The complex has 2 things going for it. 1. No cars were driving on our beach; which isn't a good thing when you have little ones. 2. The cottages are ground level and CLOSE to the beach, which we appreciated for the little ones. In my opinion these 2 reasons made up for everything that wasn't five stars. I am a spoiled vacationer, but I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank mmlake
Meadville, Pennsylvainia
Reviewed February 2, 2009

First of all let me preface this review by acknowledging that the holidays are a stressfull time for us all, but this year I was at my wits end. My husband had promised his mother that he, myself, and our two children would spend Christmas week in Ormond Beach, but was kind enough to me to let us stay at a nearby hotel instead of her cramped little house that would already be filled with other relatives. So I took care of booking a resonably priced hotel and focused on the regular stresses of buying gifts and packing up my family for an extended trip.
Well, the trip was a real hair puller, since my husband thought that driving from Pennsylvainia to Florida would be more economical in the long run. Nearly 24 hours of driving with two kids under the age of 12, plus the brand new puppy my husband had insisted on giving my daughter before our trip, had led me to at least a dozen nervous breakdowns, so by the time we reached our destination I was ready to kick of my shoes and take a nice long nap that would carry me into the new year.
But it seems that the hotel I had booked had lost our reservation and was only able to offer smaller accomidations at an inflated price. Well, I will spare you my next bakers dozen of nervous breakdowns and just carry on to my reason for this review.
When we finally got to Coral Sands I was more than a little snappish, tired and all around fed up, but from the moment we stepped through the lobby doors I just knew our luck was going to change.
And it did!! The front desk clerks, one of whom is turns out was also the manager, were so friendly and helpfull and soon we had secured the cutest little cottage (the cottages, it should be noted, are pet friendly, wich helped out immensley with my daughters new puppy). The cottage was two beds, a nice little living area, a nicely appointed kitchenette, and a bathroom. And it was so clean and comfortable with extra towels supplied promptly with just a call to the front desk. The grounds themselves are also quite amazing with a beautiful and warm pool, adorable little Gazebos, and the most beautiful expanse of beach I think I have ever seen. While our cottage wasn't right on the beach, it was only a few short steps to the beach and my kids made sure to take advantage of every moment they could spend playing in the surf and collecting sea shells.
Well for the next week I had the best time I had had in a long time, even with having to deal with the in-laws. Everyone that worked on the property was so welcoming and helpful and even suggested some wonderful local resteraunts and attractions for my family. In the end I was so sad to leave, but my husband promised that we would be back, maybe even without the kids. And when we do, it will definately be at Coral Sands. Like I said in the title, they saved my families Christmas. Thank you Corral Sands!!!

• Liked — Quiet and clean, with a friendly and helpfull staff
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
4 Thank Soccermom72
urbana, ill
Reviewed January 27, 2009

Wonderful time...attractive staff was very attentive to our needs. Great pool and ocean view...I will be back !

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — had to leave
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Orange Park, FL
Reviewed September 13, 2008

My family really enjoyed our stay here @ the Coral Sands. It is not a top of the line place but had all the amenities we needed and a few added ones too. The staff was wonderful, the room was clean, and we had the extra added amenities we weren't expecting. Toaster, small fridge, microwave, coffee pot, sink and dishes. So we were able to keep and prepare small meals and not have to worry about going out for each meal. We had light breakfasts, lunches, and went out for dinner although there are plenty of local deliveries availablein the area. The convenience of the beach with chairs or chaises available was literally steps away. The pool was immaculate and very refreshing too. Added bonus that we enjoyed was a view from outside our room to watch the sunrise over the Ocean or just to view a few waves in a comfortable rocker provided by the motel. We have two children 14 & 7 and they both enjoyed it and we will be returning. This was a very affordable Labor Day weekend for our family !!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Somewhat Noisy (other guests)
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Georgia
Reviewed August 27, 2008

We were disappointed upon arrival that the pictures on the web
site were outdated. The gazebo floor is caving in. Several of the
lounge chairs on the beach had broken backs and could not be
used. Never saw a life guard on duty but was told on the phone
that they had one. Our room did have a king size bed and it was
ok but it took up the whole room and there no place to relax. We
were in a "king cottage" which was less than the size of a usual
hotel room. The bathroom had a shower only with the old pink
and black tile that was stained. The sink was so tiny you could
hardly get the coffee pot underneath the spout to wash out or fill with water. The linens seemed to be clean and fresh and the
folks there were friendly. We were quoted $135.00 per night at
first until we were able to get a "back to school" special for about
$82.00 per night. I would never have paid full price for what we
found when we arrived. We won't be going back there.

• Liked — Right on the beach
  • Disliked — Very small room/old and outdated
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family