“Another Fantastic Stay At Coral Sands In Ormond Beach”

Coral Sands Inn & Seaside Cottages Ormond Beach
Sarasota, Florida
“Another Fantastic Stay At Coral Sands In Ormond Beach”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I have visited Coral Sands many times for 5+ years. I've always had excellent stays. With the property being right on the beautiful Atlantic Ocean is a real plus. A perfect million dollar view. Also having a laundry here is a bonus. Shopping and food are close by. I'm a cleanliness nut so on this visit I decided to take a wet towel with 409 and wipe the tile floor in the room. Now I've seen many places over the years do floors with really dirty mops. It would make me cringe. Anyway I was curious. So I started wiping the front room and bathroom. And what did the white towel look like afterwards? Still white. I couldn't believe it. See how many other places would give you results like this. And that is with beach traffic in the rooms.

And second, when my friend left her medicine in the room, we received a call from the supervisor of housekeeping telling us that they had found it. So we contacted a front desk person who was kind enough to make sure it was overnighted to us. And it arrived the next afternoon. A big thank you to all involved. Your kindness is greatly appreciated. Incredible service like this is probably not the norm. In my experience everyone at Coral Sands has always been super nice and the best. I certainly will continue to stay at Coral Sands for many, many more years. Just a great place. Two thumbs up here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
11 Thank Charles R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
DeLand, Florida, United States
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stay at Coral Sands Inn or RV park at least once a year. We have for last five years. Great place and very helpful staff. This visit we took our dog. (Some cottages are dog friendly.) I love to stay at this hotel. Just steps to the gorgeous coral sand beach. The site does have a 24 hour live feed of pool and beach. The only thing that would be a bonus is a hot tub.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Jodi L
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Our first stay was 6 years ago in the RV park. Now we stay there at least 3-4 times a year. In the hotel or RV park. Sometimes our family all meet there. We had another great stay at Coral Sands last weekend. Always the perfect way to start the summer :)

Absolutely beautiful beaches, great pool & also just minutes away from Daytona boardwalk.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank KimHighsmith
orlando
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I took my husband here during Memorial Day and he is used to Marriotts. Didn't think he would like it but he loved it. Very nice atmosphere and the views from the shared balconies were great. Saw turtles nesting at night. Great off the beaten path place to stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are at a slant so that everyone can see the ocean. Motel is old but perfectly fine
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank wgboomer
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 24, 2012

My husband, son & daughter-in law stayed at Coral Sands in a 2br, 2 bath, fully equip kitchen Great cottage, plan on going back in Sept/Oct,..Cleanliness was a little bit lax. The ceiling fan in one bed rm & living rm were very dirty as was the door that contained part of the a/c unit. It was cleaned with in the hr with an . You are given a parking pass to put on your dash. There are no assign spaces. We parked out side our front dr there was 2 prk spaces and were ask to move which we did .This was the nite before we were to check out. Still can't figure why I did.I feel if I would of had been given a little more courtesy I wouldn't include these negitive things, I do recommed checking the cottage for cleanliness and ask about parking, Other wise its a great location.

Room Tip: part of the property is pet friendly, they also have rooms & different size cottage. Don't e...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank mimi751
Kenton, Ohio
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Hey Folks!
Just love visiting here over and over again from Ohio!
EVERYONE is so helpful, friendly and pleasant.
Great vacation spot on the beach with everything one needs at your disposal.
Shopping near by.
Great view of the ocean and the pool with very comfy, clean and neat accomodations.
New owner has done many improvements in such a short period of time too.
Spoke to him once but didn't realize he was the owner at the time. Very pleasant and down to earth!
In just a few months between our visits, we had noticed many things changed such as the new pool pavers all around the swimming pool. Too numerous to mention.
Check it out! Well worth your time! We love the location, the people, and the place!
Looking foward to a return visit and hoping to get to chat more with the owner this time! lol
Tom and Jackie

Room Tip: Loved our ocean front room on the 2nd and on the 3rd floors that we have had in the past. If you ch...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JB TOM B
Micanopy
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Actually a very nice stay. Staff was way friendly. Very quiet, off the beaten path. Balconies were shared by all, so no expectation of privacy(every one walks by). Ocean view rooms are actually slanted, so you do get ocean views. Would recommend, and would definitely go back.
Note to self: DO NOT eat breakfast at Alfies, it's absolutely the worst breakfast I ever had. YUCK.

Room Tip: Second level and higher would be better.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple