“Very Shacky”

and 1 more site!
Scottish Inns & Suites
Ranked #28 of 29 Hotels in Ormond Beach
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed there for a few days. Unfortunately, it was prepaid and nonrefundable. Otherwise I would have left the 1st day. Blood on pillowcase. A few roaches, Asked to have room sprayed, but was informed they didn't keep any onsite and would have to wait until their scheduled fumigation days. Plus other flying bugs coming out of the drain. Had to purchase some roach spray and afraid to use the shower. Plastic mattress covers hard, crinkly had to request a blanket to put between the plastic mattress cover and sheet, in order to make it somewhat comfortable. Maid staff very pleasant and did whatever they could, most of which was unfortunately out of their hands.
Trust me, it's not worth the few bucks saved.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I booked the room from Booking.com for 119.00 and it was the worst motel room I have ever seen. The room on the second floor had sand in the bathtub and dirt everywhere and a musty smell. I was offered room on the first floor and it was just as bad and had nickle sized holes in the wall above the bed. I tried to get a refund from the clerk then the owner of the motel but he refused. I ended up getting a room in a different hotel for less money that was clean, newly renovated and a gem. I am generally a reasonable person, but this facitilty was the worst I've seen so I just had to write about it. I only with I had taken a picture, it was horrible.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Travelbuddy1959
Reviewed June 26, 2013

First I want to say, my room were clean and the people were not rude to us. Well, we weren't partying, in fact, weren't really planning to spend the night in Ormond Beach, but it got late and I really just needed a place to lay my head. Yes, a little updating would be nice, but then you won't get a room for $30 or less anymore! I had to pay an extra $5 for a micro/fridge room, but I was glad to do it, so the food in my cooler wouldn't go bad, and I could get a hot drink before the coffee was put out at 7 am. I was vaguely disgruntled to see a sign saying "Micro-fridge $3" when I went to check out, but certainly wouldn't fuss about $2.00. I still paid just under $30 for a clean, cool room. I don't much like the air-freshener they used, and kept my a-c on high all night, so it was fine. These people work hard. Some of them speak better English than others; I tried my little bit of Hindi out on them, and they seemed to appreciate it!

No, this is not the worst hotel I've stayed in by far. For one thing, the family (?) works hard to keep it clean. They do want quiet people, I think. Perhaps they've had a bad experience with the spring break crowd -- well, I rented out my home once to teens graduating from high school and they apparently had a condiment party: the catsup I left for them was found on the ceiling, in fact everywhere but the bottle. So I think they're being careful here; they asked if I had pets. No one was unfriendly. OK, there's a little bit of a language barrier, but no more than I see at the beach when the kids vacationing from Europe come in and take waitperson jobs. Come on folks, let's have a little tolerance!

And no, if you want 3 or 4 star accommodations, this is probably not the place for you. You'll have to break down and pay more than $40, probably $60 or more ... come on, let's be realistic!

Room Tip: I didn't look for room service or a fitness center, just came to sleep, but I believe the room k...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I shudder to think. I was on a 1 night layover for my flight back home and negotiated a low rate. Check in was ok. No problems.

The room was a nightmare. Everything was filthy. The carpet hadn't been cleaned since it was originally laid. I'm glad I had wet wipes in my purse because I couldn't touch anything from the door to the light switches.

The microwave and the refrigerator looked like they came from a dump. I couldn't even look inside the fridge for fear of what I would see.

The air conditioner worked, but had dust an inch thick on the filter. Even the tv was dusty.

You couldn't pay me enough money to take a shower.

I pulled the bed apart to check for bed bugs. Didn't see any, but the mattresses had to be 50 years old.

Don't look for a clock. There wasn't one.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank revkweli
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed there and it was good experince and staff is very good young man on desk is very very nice and he help us out a lot .we really go again if tht man is there.and rooms smell clean and they did good job in rooms
And its near the I 95.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Three of my friends and myself needed a place to stay for spring break. We checked into this place because it was cheap and had vacancies.
The desk clerk and his wife were incredibly rude to us. Lectured us over and over about parties and the like, practically yelled the entire time we were checking in. Once we received our room key they requested an extra twenty dollar deposit out of the blue. We agreed, just wanting to assure we had a place to sleep.

The room itself was filthy from floor to ceiling. The window screen was busted, bugs everywhere, and the bathroom door didn't even close. It just hung open.

Other guests were far louder than us, keeping us awake most of the night.
Upon checkout the wife was reluctant to return our deposit because of the window screen. She accused us of "sneaking people in"
My friends and I know no one else in Daytona and made it clear that we followed all the rules. Upon leaving I was polite and respectful and I got nothing more than a glare.

HORRIBLE. Not worth the money or the time to be treated like something nasty stuck to the bottom of their shoes.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 19, 2013

When I first called for a reservation I had a terrible time with the language of the desk clerk. I had to speak very clearly and repeat everything at least 3 tmes in order for her to understand me. Then she asked me to call the day before arrival to confirm (probably because she couldn't speak english). Upon arrival at about 11am we found the front door locked. After walking the grounds I finally found a maintenace person who was able to check us in. He had no record of our reservation. Later that evening I received a phone call from the desk-clerk (who originally took the reservation) asking me why I hadn't showed up for my room. I explained that I was in room118. I'm not sure why she bothered to call as she couldn't undestand me anyway. She was quite rude.
The room itself was very dirty and appointed with the cheapest ammenities they could find. The bath tub looked like someone had been murdered in it. I'm assuming a previous tennant had dyed their hair in the tub and stained everything quite badly. I know there are cleaning methods that would have worked on that if they'd tried. The water faucet didn't work and looked like a very poor repair job had been done.
It appeared that there was no one else staying at the motel so I wonder why they rented us such a terrible room?

Room Tip: Be sure to lok over the rooms before you accept it.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple