“Friendly service, clean room, great price.”

Lotus Boutique Inn & Suites Daytona Beach / Ormond Beach
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Ormond Beach
“Friendly service, clean room, great price.”
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

The woman at the front desk gave selfless service the moment I arrived to check in. I had booked a room with two queen beds with a city view and she let me change to a king room with an ocean view at a fair price. The room was modern looking and very clean. The pool is small but great and the hot tub is fantastic at night and in the day you can easily see the ocean. The fire pit was relaxing and a very great addition to an already great vacation. I'll definitely be back soon!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Blake G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
Orlando, United States
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We did not spend any real time at the hotel as we were up the street for a party but a quick overview: Nice size room (King bed, sofa, flat screen, stand up glass shower with rain head), oceanfront (nice view), pool. We stayed in 207 (corner room on the ocean) and it was nice and quiet.

Parking is tough right now as their overflow parking is now a construction site, but there is still additional parking further away. The breakfast bar is slim pickings but what did you expect.
Window AC unit is always running as it is in the high 90s already. Wifi is not very quick.

This is probably the most modern decorated hotel in the area. I do not like the old, beach themed hotel decor.

This is a nice hotel and will probably try again when I make it back to the area for a wedding in a few months.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ryan M
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We stayed here for four nights earlier in June. Staff were very helpful when we extended our stay to four nights. Very clean and modern rooms. We had a room facing the ocean, very quiet, no highway noise. Nice pool area. Direct access to beach. Only complaints I would have is that the air conditioner was quite loud and while the muffins at breakfast are great, some variety would be good. We decided to stay at the Lotus after reading reviews on TripAdvisor, we were not disappointed!

Room Tip: Beach facing rooms have a wonderful view, away from street noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AlmostRetired80
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

My husband & I stayed at the Lotus and had a great experience. We stayed in rm 104,a king beachfront room. The bed was comfortable, the shower spacious and the atmosphere was easy going. The receptionist, Zanet, was extremely helpful & professional.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Sarah D
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 21, 2014

The hotel was very clean, the decor is wonderful, sleek with clean lines, the pool area exceeds expectations. It appears to be an older hotel that has been remodeled and they have done a great job. It's a smaller property with enough chairs at the pool, a fire pit and the beach area. Some of the rooms have hammock chair swings on their porch! Negatives are, If you plan to cook a lot the kitchen (at least in our room) is a kitchenette, I had to ask for dishes and pans, (which they happily brought me) and there was no oven, just a cook top. About the free breakfast, the coffee is great, very good coffee machine that make all kinds of drinks, there was OJ and packaged muffins and fruit. It is a very quite hotel that feels clam and relaxing. A great place to stay.

Room Tip: first floor ocean front rooms have the hammocks.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank itraveltons
Florida PanHandle
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Will be as diplomatic as possible in this review, but I will admit upfront my first 5 minutes at this property left me a bit disgruntled.

We arrived just before noon. Yes, I know check in is at 3:00 so I would have been fine if the room had still been dirty. That is somewhat normal. What is not normal is to be told Yes, my room is vacant and ready but I cant have the keys unless I pay a $20.00 early check in fee. Otherwise I have to wait 3 hours and no there are not an changing rooms available by the pool so we can put on swimsuits and head to the beach. Are you kidding me? I have spent (no exaggeration) approx 2000 nights in hotels and never have I heard anything as ridiculous as an early arrival fee. Clerk told me the computer would automatically change the $20.00 if she checked me in, but then proved her own lie when she simply upped the room charge from $69.00 to 89.00 and had me initial a corrected reg card. I did pay it because our grandchildren were with us and excited about some pool time. Good information would have been that the cane screening all around the pool deck was being polyurethaned with a power sprayer. It so it was loud and stinky and we had to move multiple time to accommodate the guy doing it, we gave up and headed to lunch. I am probably making to much out of $20.00 but I really felt like I had been had.

Things were clean, which is my highest priority. The beds were comfortable and the linens soft. A rain shower and vessel style sink were lovely. The rooms have obviously been redone recently. Some things not well thought out, like the shower door and shower handle are on opposite sides, so there is no way to lean in and turn the water on without getting drenched from above with icy water. In a hotel I typically leave the bathroom light on and crack the door, but since the bathroom door is opaque glass, it is far to bright to use as a night light. There are plenty of power outlets but the wireless inter-net signals tend to be weak.

The pool area is clean and the view is spectacular. We really enjoyed the gas fire pit area but it was a little weird when a bunch of kids came up with sticks and started cooking hot-dogs. The pool lounge chairs are the nicest I have seen at a hotel. The towel situation is weird at best. They have a bin to leave dirty pool/beach towels. There were only 2 beach towels in a basket in the room (none at the pool), but four of us, so I went to the front desk to get two more. I could not have them till I went and got the wet dirty ones and traded them. Seriously? They have my credit card number if I stole them and how would they even know if they had been left at the pool or left in my suitcase. Good grief.

Breakfast was Apples, Bananas, Otis Spunkmeyer mini muffins, a fridge full of Activia Yogurt, OJ and a machine that does coffee, latte,cocoa, cappuccino, chai etc.... I don't know how they did it with a machine, but it was really really good. Probably should have warned the 12 year old that Activia is not 'regular' yogurt...if one's system is not used to it, maybe testing it out on vacation is not a good idea.

Went to check out about 10:40. No one at the desk so left the keys there. Wonder if they figured out we were gone or if I'll be getting a late check out fee to go with my early arrival fee. LOL

The hotel is fine. Lots of sloppy errors in the redo. Examples... Faux tile wall board had be cut to fit outlets and light switches, but the holes were not lined up so there are large cracks which should be filled with grout or calk or something. Toilet paper fixtures falling off of wall. Door frames have recently been painted but old globs of gunk were never cleaned off and are starting to poke through the new paint. Metal block behind shower handle is lose and hangs awkwardly. They tried..but just now with enough attention to detail.

I am always a bit suspect when I see a large number of excellent reviews from people who have only the one review and not years worth. With that said, I am a bit surprised at the rating considering those maintenance items and the general lack of guest service. I think they need to decide if they want to be a destination hotel or a motel and go with it, but as of now they seem to be stuck somewhere between the two.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
11 Thank Work&PlayTravler
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed June 12, 2014

This property was a real find. The room was large, modern, and overlooked the pool and ocean. Breakfast was included, as was parking. Staff was friendly. The price was reasonable. I would come here again and stay longer!

Room Tip: Third floor, oceanfront, king bed.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple