“Great Stay - Great Value”

Lotus Boutique Inn & Suites Daytona Beach / Ormond Beach
Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Ormond Beach
Philadelphia, PA
“Great Stay - Great Value”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

This property was a real find. The room was large, modern, and overlooked the pool and ocean. Breakfast was included, as was parking. Staff was friendly. The price was reasonable. I would come here again and stay longer!

Room Tip: Third floor, oceanfront, king bed.
1 Thank TakinBreeze

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 6, 2014

The first thing you notice when you pull up is a big dumpster the have at their entrance. You would think a boutique of this caliber wouldn't use a trash bin to advertise their property. The wi/fi didn't work either. Everything else was... alright. So if you're having trouble finding this place look for the big dumpster out front!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank clyde m
Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I just spent an amazing 4 day/3 night anniversary getaway at this super nice little gem on the border of Daytona and Ormond Beach. We were so pleased to find an extremely well maintained, VERY clean and manicured hotel nestled in a great location right on the beach. The contemporary/art deco-like decor and awesome poolside nooks made this stay in room 207 one of the nicest stays we've had in some time. A perfect spot for those wanting easy access to the ocean and yet the quaintness of a true boutique hotel.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Doug S
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed May 27, 2014

As a young couple and St. Johns county residents looking for a weekend getaway for a decent price, the Lotus Inn seemed perfect. The reviews sounded overall good and I liked the style depicted in the photos. Well I'm sorry to say, it is difficult for me to give this place a good review because of the quality of people that were there during our stay who ruined my time.

I can say that oceanfront is the way to go...beautiful view. And the rooms are very clean and well maintained. Everyday we saw the staff mopping and sweeping the hallway floors. I liked the fire pit too, very cozy.

As others have said, complementary breakfast is sparse....I mean, tiny muffins and tiny yogurts along with....tiny apples. That's it. Check out the Peach Valley cafe just down the road....

Also, dogs are allowed at this motel yet are not allowed on the beach, which I don't understand. I wonder where these dogs were "relieving" themselves. So there's no where else for them to go but by the pool area. If you are not a dog person like myself, this can feel VERY inconsiderate and annoying especially in such a small area.

Along with the people staying in the room next to us, we ended up leaving the night before we were supposed to check out. Honestly, it was mostly because of the loud people at our motel and the Ho-Jo next to us.

By the way, I was not able to connect my iphone or ipad to the free wifi at all in the room or in the pool area.

Surprisingly, we were not asked anything by the front desk person when we said we were checking out early. Not really the warmest of feelings leaving there but maybe it will be different for others. Obviously this was not for us, and we will not be back or recommend.

3 Thank lafleur60763
Clermont
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Firstly, I'd like to say that I don't review every hotel in which I have stayed. I only review the ones that leave an impression on me during my stay (good or bad). This hotel made a very good impression on me!

We arrived early (around 1:30 PM) and didn't expect our room to be ready, it wasn't, but we were invited to enjoy the pool while we waited. We were prepared to do that (arriving with our swim attire under our clothing) and took full advantage of the pool, hot tub, and lounge chairs. The pool area had a very relaxing atmosphere and was well maintained and landscaping well manicured. The environment was so relaxing that we found ourselves telling our kids to keep it down and to save the horseplay for the beach! :)

We lost track of time at the pool and at 3:00 went back to the lobby to check in. There were about 5 parties checking in at once and the phone was ringing off the hook! The poor desk clerk handled everything in an extremely professional manner, giving each guest her full attention during each transaction. I can't help but think that her attitude and control of the situation helped keep impatient guests at bay, patiently waiting their turn. She worked efficiently and in a matter of minutes I was done in the lobby (which was very welcoming and clean, although small) and on my way to get moved in to the room.

I was extremely pleased to find we were in an oceanfront room with one king bed, a double bed, and a kitchenette. The room we booked was for an oceanfront with king and queen, but no kitchenette. I didn't complain since the double was for two small children, there wasn't a kitchenette in the other room, and this room was on the first floor with a porch that was attached to the pool area! I was SO relieved to have a room on the ground level, since we packed enough for 2 weeks (although we were only staying 2 nights) and there is no elevator to access the top two floors.

The room was immaculate! The beds, extremely comfortable... the bathroom, in the middle of the room (amazing rainfall shower!)... the kitchenette, pretty nice microwave, refrigerator, sink, two burners (although no cookware, utensils, or plateware). Each bed (on opposite ends of the room) had it's own flatscreen television! The fenced-in patio had a lounge chair along with a hammock swing; the latched gate opened to the pool area.

There was beach access and a fire pit right off the pool deck. We were told upon check in that the fire pit is lit upon request 7pm-1am but it was already "fired up" every night by the time we got out there.

Parking wasn't an issue, but one time we had to use the overflow parking across the street. Room cleaning service seemed fine! We were up early and out of our room (enjoying the beach and pool) so never came in contact with the fine folks from housekeeping.

This place is a gem, and I selfishly don't want to share it! Our family will attempt to stay here whenever we take a trip to the Florida coast!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Aaron S
fountain inn sc
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We checked in last Wednesday 5/21/14, upon arrival had to get electronic keys changed, over the next several days, each day keys failed, Saturday 5/24/14, we were locked out 3 hours while the staff changed the batteries several times, later the lock was changed out, I requested the lock be changed on the 5/22/14, on 5/25/14, again had to get keys exchanges, we asked the staff to open door on 5/25, but the staff person declined stating she had people needing to check in, and couldn't assist us at this time, I felt since she knew we had recurring problems and she knew it, we should have been a priority.
We enjoyed the stay, this is our 2nd stay at this hotel, and are considering returning in October,
Also we felt parking area was too small for the number of cars, and we had to park across 4 lane highway two times during the stay,

4 Thank barry c
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stayed at the Lotus for a long weekend over Mother's Day. First the few downsides. There is no elevator, so if stairs are an issue, request the first floor. Although we had a unit with a kitchenette, there were no dishes or utensils which would have made a huge difference (thanks to a previous reviewer for tipping us off to that!). The trash cans were very small and sparse in the room, which made for overflow conditions. We would have loved having a recycling container. Although there is a coffee maker in the room, there was only one foam coffee cup. The oceanfront rooms are great, but all overlook the pool, which can be noisy. At least this early in the season, there were no lifeguards or beach rentals on this stretch of the beach. This IS a driving beach, be careful! On to the good side... This is a very clean hotel, kudos to the housekeeping staff! Modern, updated furnishings reminded me of a hotel we stayed at in New York - but bigger! We had an executive oceanfront room with a king bed and a double bed, which had separate areas - much appreciated as we are a couple traveling with an adult "child". The bathroom is small but well appointed with the sink on the outside (a plus). Soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and a shower cap provided. Spacious oceanfront balcony, but the chairs were hard plastic. We brought some cushions from inside chairs to the outside. Full refrigerator freezer (thank you!), microwave and stovetop, but no cookware nor any dishwashing soap. Beds were comfortable, a nice TV by each bed. Outlets were accessible and adequate. Beach access was very easy. Restaurants are a little walk away, with the closest being .8 miles. See my reviews of Beach Bucket, Black Sheep Pub, and Riptides. There is a continental breakfast, which is a bit sparse (not a big breakfast fan here though). Wifi is free and reliable, staff was very competent and friendly. Parking is a bit tight, but there is overflow parking directly across the street. Balconies for oceanfront rooms are private and spacious with a great view of the ocean.
Overall a great little hotel and a wonderful place for a long weekend!

Room Tip: 1st floor if mobility challenged - no elevators! 2nd or 3rd floor for view
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family